S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

How to let your s2000 breath

Old 11-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats the response i want to hear guys.....i appreciate that kind of comment, its just the way you came off at first eh!? I have a v2 invidia with test pipe, and the setup i mentioned above. I was thinking of going single, i want to be turbo next year. Will a switch from invidia to spugen, or tir with a turbo make a big dif with turbo already on?
Old 11-09-2006, 03:09 PM

Deffinatly nothing wrong with adding a K&N and a Snorkel.....
Old 11-09-2006, 03:16 PM

Based on what I've read from the technical paper realeased on the F20C (was it AIAA?) I believe the baffle was put in the airbox to create a vortex and throw much of the large particulate into the first chamber before it ever makes it to the filter. I think you're hurting yourself by gutting the box.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fencer,Nov 9 2006, 04:16 PM
Based on what I've read from the technical paper realeased on the F20C (was it AIAA?) I believe the baffle was put in the airbox to create a vortex and throw much of the large particulate into the first chamber before it ever makes it to the filter. I think you're hurting yourself by gutting the box.
i read that too, but my car seems to act the same as it always did on the dyno. i dont think IT MAKES that of diff.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Look, I told you I wasn't posting to be negative to you. Did you not read the whole post? Did I not say:
"Also, lighten up. VersionJDM didn't post to butt heads, and neither am I, he simply posted his experiece with this type of thing. Not everybody is going to agree with you, and like I said it's been done before. "
Yes I personally tried a setup like this, and a CAI intake, and the rarely seen HKS intake. This just isn't going to provide any reasonable gains, at least nothing you can feel. This also won't provide any more response than the stock setup already will from a stop, which is where this "heat problem" you "solved" exists.

-If you have a heat issue:
Help the engine run cooler. A hondata gasket insulates the intake manifold from the head and blocks the collant flow through the throttle body. A Mugen fan switch activates the fans at 80
Old 11-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Banned

Im not getting sad, or anything......if you dont have something positive to say then dont post. I didnt want to start a convo, or a discussion. I posted what i did for people that want to try it.

Take a hike, Your telling me to grow up and telling me to not get touchy or sad...because thats what big boys do?

Your a joke, go kill yourself
Old 11-10-2006, 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=Fencer,Nov 9 2006, 04:16 PM] Based on what I've read from the technical paper realeased on the F20C (was it AIAA?) I believe the baffle was put in the airbox to create a vortex and throw much of the large particulate into the first chamber before it ever makes it to the filter.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I acutally built an Intake out of PVC pipe and made 11 WHP on my USDM Type R Motor. Cost Me Nothing basically
Old 11-10-2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by davidvonyork,Nov 10 2006, 01:46 PM
Im not getting sad, or anything......if you dont have something positive to say then dont post. I didnt want to start a convo, or a discussion. I posted what i did for people that want to try it.

Take a hike, Your telling me to grow up and telling me to not get touchy or sad...because thats what big boys do?

Your a joke, go kill yourself
Dude. Lighten the **** up. Hahhn002 was adding useful info to the thread you started. He posted his experiences and even if it hurts your feelings that nobody said "WOW, that's the best idea I've ever heard!", the rest of us would like to hear opinions from experienced owners.

Oh, and go **** yourself.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:20 PM

in the immortal words of Rodney King 'can't we all just get along'

Quick Reply: How to let your s2000 breath