S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

How to install a hardtop with pics...

Old 05-14-2013, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a 2000 reg s2000, will the strikers be completely incompatible and thus definately need to source HT strikers?

Does anyone know the part code for the rubber spacers? I've just bought a HT+ Kit but these were not included.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Anfrax666
I've got a 2000 reg s2000, will the strikers be completely incompatible and thus definately need to source HT strikers?

Does anyone know the part code for the rubber spacers? I've just bought a HT+ Kit but these were not included.
I think they're
86445-S2A-000
Old 08-21-2013, 02:09 AM

Great post. Did you have to assemble the parts on the HT yourself? e.g. the glass panel rubbers and catches? I ask because it seems like the only way that I can get a Hardtop in my region here in Brunei is by ordering the separate parts myself and assembling the hardtop myself. If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear from you.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:45 AM

I was wondering if anyone ran into this issue on the driver side.

Where it's circled, I have a huge gap. I looked at the catcher to make sure it is sitting right and it is, it looks like the panel that hides the cable behind doesn't sit right but the screw near the door sill won't allow me to any adjustment once I tight everything up.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:34 AM

anyone have any ideas on how to remove a stripped phillips head on the back panel hooks? I am on the last of the four screws and its totally stripped and about 30% out.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

jp weld
or you can dremel a line into it and use a flathead
Old 07-23-2014, 08:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi!
New member here, posting from Belgium. I just purchased an AP2 2006 ym, imported from the US, always loved this car .
I found someone here in Belgium who happens to have an OEM hardtop for sale in the colour of my car (Silverstone Grey) and I'm hesitating whether to purchase it. One thing is he just has the hardtop (rear glass included) but not the installation kit.

I know I can ask to a dealer but sometimes they may try to fool you, could anyone tell me how much should I pay for the installation kit? (I guess better to spend a bit more for OEM but if there are good alternatives suggestions they are welcome. But I definitely want a quick hardtop On-Off fitting such as the OEM, not a fixed hardtop solution).

And for negotiating the price of the hardtop itself, how much did it cost new? (this one is apparently new, the guy says he bought it but he crashed the car total loss before he ever got to purchasing the installation kit and installing it).

If I decide to purchase the hardtop this thread will be terrific help for fitting it, thanks !
Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gerinski
Hi!
New member here, posting from Belgium. I just purchased an AP2 2006 ym, imported from the US, always loved this car .
I found someone here in Belgium who happens to have an OEM hardtop for sale in the colour of my car (Silverstone Grey) and I'm hesitating whether to purchase it. One thing is he just has the hardtop (rear glass included) but not the installation kit.

I know I can ask to a dealer but sometimes they may try to fool you, could anyone tell me how much should I pay for the installation kit? (I guess better to spend a bit more for OEM but if there are good alternatives suggestions they are welcome. But I definitely want a quick hardtop On-Off fitting such as the OEM, not a fixed hardtop solution).

And for negotiating the price of the hardtop itself, how much did it cost new? (this one is apparently new, the guy says he bought it but he crashed the car total loss before he ever got to purchasing the installation kit and installing it).

If I decide to purchase the hardtop this thread will be terrific help for fitting it, thanks !
I can't tell you new costs but the average price of a used hardtop in the US is $3-$4,000. Sometimes that includes hardware sometimes not. You can search through the classified section and get a better idea of prices.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AE_Racer
I can't tell you new costs but the average price of a used hardtop in the US is $3-$4,000. Sometimes that includes hardware sometimes not. You can search through the classified section and get a better idea of prices.
Thanks, the guy asks 1,300 euro which is around 1,750 US$ so even without the hardware if it's a brand new OEM as he says it seems like a good deal.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:55 AM

I'm removing my hardtop hardware to sell it and I ran into a little snag. One of the 10mm bolts on the drivers side catcher is stripped and my socket is just spinning. What is the best way to get that sucker out? Also, I've misplaced a few of the original bolts. Anyone have a part number for them?

Quick Reply: How to install a hardtop with pics...