S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

How do I install my DiGrappa Brace???

Old 06-22-2002, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I install my DiGrappa Brace???

Just received my DiGrappa brace and figured out where it should go underneath. Pulled out a couple of the existing bolts and quickly found they are much too short to use with the DiGrappa, and the bolt heads don't fit into the brace bolt channels. This is not a difficult installation, to bolt on a brace, but I am stuck. Can anyone with this brace give me a clue?
Old 06-22-2002, 09:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should have got longer allen head bolts with your new brace. Check your box and see if the new bolts are in there someplace. Torque the new bolts to 28 ft lbs. At least that's the factory spec. I went a little higher.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have now installed four of these units on various cars. Jack up the car and get the lay of the land. See where the 4 bolts are located. Then do the install with the car on the ground and level. Use a small jack to hold the X-Brace in place. This is the easiest way to do it as all the holes will line up! As stated you should have received a set of longer bolts with the kit.

Utah
Old 06-23-2002, 08:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Utah S2K
[B]I have now installed four of these units on various cars. Jack up the car and get the lay of the land. See where the 4 bolts are located. Then do the install with the car on the ground and level. Use a small jack to hold the X-Brace in place. This is the easiest way to do it as all the holes will line up! As stated you should have received a set of longer bolts with the kit.
Old 06-23-2002, 06:50 PM

my bolts were wrapped in a stirofoam packag, easily mistaken for package material. Easy install after you get all 4 bolts going. Rick or Mark should be able to tell you the size, so that you could go buy them if you didn't want to wait. They could express overnight the bolts to you in a small package for less than 10.00. Good luck!
Old 06-27-2002, 09:42 AM

Originally posted by CMiS2K
my bolts were wrapped in a stirofoam packag, easily mistaken for package material. Easy install after you get all 4 bolts going. Rick or Mark should be able to tell you the size, so that you could go buy them if you didn't want to wait. They could express overnight the bolts to you in a small package for less than 10.00. Good luck!
Thanks, I've had a note from Mark DiGrappa that they are going to send me the bolts. Hope the brace is worth the wait once I get it on.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:51 PM

Just received my bolts today in U.S. Mail from Mark. Will install the brace tomorrow and post results.
Old 07-05-2002, 06:36 PM

Please do. An X-Brace is one of the few mods I was thinking of purchasing but not if the improvement is only marginal.
Old 07-05-2002, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by bash
Please do. An X-Brace is one of the few mods I was thinking of purchasing but not if the improvement is only marginal.
I'm sorry, my evaluation will be diluted by my modification of adding the Comptech STB which made an immediate improvement in handling -- one that I could feel without trying to do so on my favorite twisty test track. Tomorrow I will add the DiGrappa brace and post the results. I asked Mark DiGrappa if a top bar would improve on his X-brace and he said it would. Intuitively, I'd think that anchoring both top and bottom of the moving suspension would reduce lateral movement and improve handling. I'll let you know what I think soonest.
Old 07-06-2002, 04:17 PM

make sure that you reuse the seemingly useless OEM bracket-like pieces that should go between the car and the X brace -- otherwise the X brace will rub the oil pan

Quick Reply: How do I install my DiGrappa Brace???