S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Hondata Gasket = GREATNESS

Old 05-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by honda606
Old 05-23-2004, 08:19 AM

I would drive to Marcucci's if he wasn't in TEXAS

Tritium, it does block the coolant to the head. Not a design flaw, but expected on a street car that sees the various N. American climates. Honda designed it so the coolant would circulate and increase the rate at which engine would intially warm up. Probably more of a factor for the East coasters during winter
Old 05-23-2004, 10:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Asura
I would drive to Marcucci's if he wasn't in TEXAS

Tritium, it does block the coolant to the head.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:17 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

I was talking about hondata gaskets and an sc application with the guy who does my car. His opinion was in an sc app it' wasn't a good idea. He said you need that heat to pass when using an sc and that the hondata gasket didn't allow it to.

any opinions

fltsfshr
Old 05-23-2004, 10:55 AM

Originally posted by Road Rage
So let me get this straight - you guys are driving to Todd's house (Gasket Mecca?) to get this done - he charges, how much? I asked tenblades if he drove all the way from Va to Tx and back to have this done, but have not heard an answer yet.
No, he was down there for something else and found the opportunity to have the pro do it. I already have a few people (Steve included) lined up to do this, I just need to try it on my car first....now with some tips from Steve.

He's on his way back now, that why you haven't heard a reponse from him. He was in Tenn. when I talked to him at noon today.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:04 AM

I was just on the phone with him and he lost his signal. But apparently he's near Knoxville now.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fltsfshr
I was talking about hondata gaskets and an sc application with the guy who does my car.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Road Rage
Old 05-23-2004, 11:38 AM
dut

- this ain't no b-series motor... takes about 4 hours
- same with an RS-X, takes about 4 hrs (so ive heard)
Old 05-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Former Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 318 Posts

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by fltsfshr
I was talking about hondata gaskets and an sc application with the guy who does my car. His opinion was in an sc app it' wasn't a good idea. He said you need that heat to pass when using an sc and that the hondata gasket didn't allow it to.

any opinions

fltsfshr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd also like to know what some of the people smarter than me think about this one...

I'm not real certain why it wouldn't be a good idea, seeing the air intake temps on a SC or turbo car are even higher than a NA one. One would tend to think it would make even more of a difference with FI than NA. I'm not following Fltsfshr's mechanic's logic. My only concern is weather the gasket can maintain a seal when dealing with positive manifold pressure. (boost) From my understanding the B series motors don't have a problem sealing with boost and the hondata gasket.

As far as the coolant that goes through the IAC, from what I can tell it it done to prevent the IAC from "icing" much like a carburetor can do in humid climates.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:03 PM

I can see with the Jackson Racing S/C's that having coolant flow through it would be a good idea but unless the S/C is directly apart of the intake mani, it doesn't make sense to me.

Quick Reply: Hondata Gasket = GREATNESS