S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Honda's service people SUCKS!!! won'

Old 11-10-2003, 07:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it was a Honda dealer. McKenna's Honda put the filter on originally. And I know the manual does not say that, its the other dealership that is!

And some of the stuff on here makes me think that just about any oil filter is going to be as good, if not better than, the old S2000 oil filter. I find it hard to believe that you could put an inferior oil filter on there, since even the cheapest Fram isn't as old as the original oil filter.

The other thing is, they haven't even touched the car, apparently, to see if the filter was inferior, or if it caused the failure. The whole reason I'd like him to mention what I was talking about is to help cut through some of the BS the dealership is giving him.

Blake
Old 11-10-2003, 08:59 PM

Ok ,
Today we sat down with the General Manager of Honda and the Service Manager of Honda . We threw up what was said and what not . Basicly the GM and SM changed their storys again ... we surley caught them this time for changing their storys .
The manager told us Saturday , it's the oil filter is whats causing this havoc and is voiding our warranty . Today , the manager says , the oil filter is only a red flag and is not voiding our warranty , it's just saying somone has touched the motor .
hmmm.... my girl tells him , wait a minute ... you just told us a completly different story on Saturday !!
It came down to him calling his SM to back up the story he just said .
Anyways , the reason we think they really don't want to warranty the car is . They know the previous owner abused the car . When the car was going to be traded in , the GM found that the oil light was on + no vtec and no power in the high end . It was all because the low oil !!
( honda knew about this problem before we knew about it , HOWS THAT ?? )
Now , we sit discussing what was said , we kept going back and forward about he said this he said that . Our words didn't mean anything . Finnaly the SM says " what does everyone want to happen " we said we just want our car and the GM says ok , he understands it's not us that neglected the car , it was the prevoius owner and he was sorry for saying somthings he shouldnt have said . He proposed a 3 way split ( Honda , American Honda and us ) on the tear down of the engine if he cant find any thing to warranty ... If he does find somthing , then he'll just get American Honda to warranty it . We left it at that for now ..
We go back to the dealer that sold us the car , which is Mckenna .. They basicly said , we just sell the cars , Honda is supposed to take care of warrantys ect and they can't do anything more for us . ( BADD BADD CUSTOMER SERVICE )
we've bought 3 cars from this dealer within 5 years , never again !!!

Now , were at a waiting point for Honda ... were gonna see what they find in the engine and what the warranty will do .
Old 11-11-2003, 01:23 AM

A warranty is a warranty. A warranty came with the car right? They knew the previous owner abused the car, but they also know that you did not abuse the car. Whether or not the engine failure was the result of neglect, that still does not change the fact that they sold you the car knowing that it was abused. This abuse took place BEFORE you purchased the vehicle, they knew this and sold it to you anyway. They would have to prove that you abused it. Three quarts in three thousand miles, I don't think so(Homie don't play that). Like I already said, a warranty is a warranty. They have to honor it. You mentioned that the dealer found signs of abuse BEFORE you purchased the vehicle. I would not pay shit.

Chance is, they will find a sign of neglect upon tearing the engine down. You will be stuck with a blown engine. Don't let this happen. Reiterate about them finding the sign of abuse BEFORE you purchased the vehicle. They sold you a car that came with a warranty. They need to honor and pay for the entire bloody mess.

Go through arbitration, then contact the bureau of automotive repair as well as your state district attorney.

good luck, later for now
Old 11-11-2003, 04:59 AM

The 3 way split is going to coast 2 grand or so for a new shortblock and head. eight hundred less if its just the block. You might consider just paying for the split and getting your car back. Then you can sue or arbitrate after the fact...

Or you can shell out the 10 grand to put an engine in on your own then sue and arbitrate....
Old 11-11-2003, 07:46 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Start by telling him, after consulting with a lawyer, there is no reason for you to pay any part of this. (Of course, you should call a loval liscensed Hawaiian Lawyer first) The fact that they sold you a car that was known to have mechanical problems shows that nothing can be proven to be your fault. Even if they find signs of abuse, they have already admitted it was abused before you bought the car. What is the Hawaiian Lemon Law? You have only had the car three months. You might be able to shove it right back down their throats.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:14 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Legal Bill
Start by telling him, after consulting with a lawyer, there is no reason for you to pay any part of this.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:46 AM

sorry everyone for getting you all confused ...

Mckenna is a seprate dealer who sold me the car .

Honda is the people who knew the car had this problem , because the car was going to be traded in to them ,but Mckenna got it for one of their VW beetles .

Honda knew I had a lemon . I brought the car in for problems they knew about and never said anything while my car was in there .
Old 11-11-2003, 11:41 AM

One thing is for sure. Given all of the problems that people are having with Honda doing whatever they can to get out of their warranty obligations, if I ever have to take my car in for anything, I'm going to tape record all conversations that I have. The way these guys have treated USDM1 makes me sick.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:19 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by usdm1
sorry everyone for getting you all confused ...
Old 11-11-2003, 05:42 PM

ok , i only found that info out this past saturday .. why would i be mad at them for that from the start , if i only found it out on saturday .
my car has factory warranty , no work can be done to the car untill the factory warranty is takein care of 1st . honda knew this , thats why when i purchased the car first , my cd didnt work , in turn honda warrantied it no questions asked .
i am mad at honda for this reason . they had the ball as far as , they say what goes for my warranty with mckenna .
mckenna is a vw dealer . they cant diagnose a honda if they dont know one , so the car is sent to the main dealer . if its not warrantied through honda , then mckenna would take the warranty , but honda has to state why it wont be warrantied through the factory warranty . in this case , honda said i had no oil or ran with low oil without having proof . they stated that off parts of what i said and twisting it .

everyone as far as legal assistance , other dealer friends that i know , they all state honda factory warranty comes 1st .

Quick Reply: Honda's service people SUCKS!!! won'