S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Honda's service people SUCKS!!! won'

Old 11-07-2003, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe ,
sorry guys , as I was typing the title and accidentaly pressed post .

as for putting oil and checking it , ofcourse I check it always ... I posted somewhere on another thread and said " Spun Bearing " . On there it sorta explains alittle .
Prior to this accident , my car was missing at low rpms , smoking out the exhaust and cruise control not working . I brought the car in , Honda service guy says " It's your driving " we argued with him and said my girl drives it also and has the problem . honda says " no one can duplicate your driving " . so basicly he said he cant help us unless the problem does it for him ! we then took the car and came back about 1 month later ... when we go in , we go to another guy because that other serv guy dont know shit . I tell the other service guy if he can hold the car UNTILL they find my problem , because i dont want the car to break .
the guy says sure , but i cant get you in untill next week . i said fine ..
i take the car and 5 days later , the engine starts knocking .....

as soon as i found out it was knocking , i opened the hood to check oil and to see where the knocking was coming from .... everything was fine and the knocking was comming from the head .. thats what i thought the 1st time i checked .. i had to drive 3 miles to get home , i drive home and check all again ... the knockings coming from the block and the oils and fluids are still GOOD!
the next morning , i check again and the oil is 3 quarts low ... there was no leaks or signs of leaking ect .

thats when honda took alook at it again and gave me shit ... 1st was about oil filter , but when i get the service manager who changed the oil , honda quickly changes his story!!

the car is a 01 and has 23k miles , has been serviced by the dealer which i bought it from 3 months ago , its now the 3rd month for changing oil ... only thing i serviced was DENSO sparkplugs and new HONDA intake filter , because the dealer didnt do thoes .
Old 11-07-2003, 11:09 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, the thing about the oil filter is crap. It shouldn't matter what brand of filter you use. And with the latest details, I agree that your dealer is being unjust. Listen to what Legal Bill has to say.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:46 AM

spoke with honda customer car , mckenna dealer warranty and honda warranty ...
they all said , it wont cover . my oil disapeared as its supposed too . they say the car is supposed to eat 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles , because its a sports car .
it all comes down to 2000.00 dollars for them to tear my engine apart and find some sort of sign with smoking or oil disapearance ... if they find something ( which is a 50/50 chance ) . if they dont find anything , which i think they will be dicks about even tho they do ! they wont warranty and ill be givin a bill of 2k and a car with a knockin sound .

my last resort is , im calling my insurance co. and seeing if they can cover it ...
if not im going to take my car back and look for a short block my self .

warranty is bullshit!! if you have exstended warranty ... take that shit off!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:47 PM

Next time check the oil BEFORE you take the car in to the dealer! Hindsight is always 20/20. Take it to honda directly look in the back of your owners manual and call the honda warrenty dispute claim number. Tell them you scheduled an appointment because your car was going through oil at an enoumous rate etc. If your polite, resonable and rational (take out the tongue ring and tuck your shirt it) they will see you as a valuable customer and take care of it. If you look like a hoodlum and present yourself like a raving lunitic your chances go down. None-the-less be persistant even if you have to start actiting lika a d!C&. You have a warrenty and they need to honor it. Good luck and don't take no for an answer.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:50 PM

Sweet lord one quart of oil every 1000 miles! WTF that's rediculous! Tell them to put that in writing get everything in writting from them period Fight fight fight call that honda warrenty number NOW! Refuse to talk to the dealership guys tell (honda) them that you will only converse with them because the dealership isn't acting in good faith.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:52 PM

WOW this is really under my skin don't take there crap! Fight them tooth and nail and sawed off shotgun in you have to!
Old 11-07-2003, 01:16 PM

Honda CAN NOT deny a warrenty repair because you use an aftermarket part unless they can prove the use of that aftermarket part caused the problem. If you use an aftermarket oil filter and that oil filter failed then they can tell you to talk to the hand but if the oil filter worked properly then they have to take care of it!
Old 11-07-2003, 03:03 PM

haha , thanks for the support ..
im not giving up , we called honda customer care , action line ect ...
honda customer care says to call a diff dealer , the dealer we called is on the other side of the isle . ed up part is there both same owner !!
good part is honda on other side of isle knows my car and knows of me , hes helping out as much as he can ..
we told honda that has our car , to hold off on any repairs untill we get to the bottom of this .
i would rather pay 2000.00 to take them to court and lose , than them takeing apart my motor and saying its my fault !!!

There is no writing that states 1000 miles per quart consumption , so thats ruled out ( thats a bunch of shit that will be used against them ) oil filter was aftermarket , but was done by a certified dealer ( if thats the problem , then other dealer will warranty )

3 months and i get a lemon .... i would be glad to take honda/mckenna to court over this ....

anyways ive been on the phone all day speaking with diff. people about this ... im not stoping
HONDA WILL PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 08:50 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I find it interesting that everything was good under the hood the night before, but three quarts down the next morning. How the heck did that happen? To me it sounds like you had a car in trouble that the dealer didn't have time for until it was too late. Now they are trying to cover their a$$.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:43 PM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

You have good reason to be pissed. But always be polite and proffesional when dealing with Honda and anyone involved. You'll get results. Be nice to those bastards...tough as it is...

Quick Reply: Honda's service people SUCKS!!! won'