S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Honda's service people SUCKS!!! won'

Old 11-06-2003, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't you ever wonder , why is there always a middle man that relays messages ? Exspecialy when it's really important ...
Well as you may know my motor has either spun a bearing or god knows ...
Honda won't cover my problem , they say it's because I didn't put oil in the car and I used a "non-honda filter" (BULLSHIT!!) I owned my car for 3 months and I didn't get a chance to service the motor oil , so it wasnt me who used a non-honda filter . It was the dealer I purchased the car from . The service manager says he can't touch the car because there is a aftermarket filter on it . I said ok , ill get the manager from the other dealer to come down and verify why they did that and your (Honda) not going to touch my car . Honda says ok !
I come back in 20 mins with the Mckenna dealer's service manager . He verifys that he did instal that filter , but its the right one for the vehicle . What happends next is , Honda mngr says " I didn't say nothing about the filter !! , I just said it was an after market one !! " my girl and I was like WTF , you just lied to us !!!
Then we went on and on about this shit he lied about 1x so far .

Now we get back to the problem , Honda says the reason that the car is knocking , is because , the motor was run out of oil which is what caused the problem .
I said , my appointment was for this problem , 1 : smoking 2: missing low rpms 3: cruise control , which was scheduled 1 1.2 weeks ago . I also said I brought the car in prior to this problem 2X and your guy ( that was standing next to him ) told me its my driving . It's not the car .

Now I asked what will happen and what will be covered ect .
Honda said , well warranty wont cover because our mechanic said it had no oil .
I say , ok . Where did the oil go ? Why was it smoking ? Why is there no CEL ? How do you know its not a spun bearing ?
Honda says , He don't know why it was smoking and the CEL is only a sensor , so it wont come on ! Then he says if it was spun bearing , the engine would sieze and be frozen .......
I told him the knock sensor is on the block ! it should pick up KNOCKING SOUNDS!!!! the oil light should be on and the CEL !!! the variable valve timing should not work with no oil . etc!!
honda then says , the knock sensor is far from the knocking sound ! I was like OMFG!!!

Then it all came down to ... Honda has to tear the block down and inspect the rings and valve seals . If they find anytype of defect with the rings or seals . they will cover it , if not . they want 2k for tearing the block down .

The ed up part is , Mckenna serv. mnger and Honda Serv. mnger is like butt buddies .... if one won't cover , the other one wont either ! Other thing is The Serv. mnger is supposed to know more than the customer about there own vehicle , suprisingly he don't know shit !!!

His definition for having the top half completly tworn down is : taking of the valve cover !!

anyways , it will be 1 1/2 weeks more to find out what happends to my car .
Old 11-07-2003, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

little difficult understanding your post, but it sounds like you need to go to another dealer asap.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:03 AM

Hi:
If I've read your post correctly, you bought a new S2000, and never checked the oil level. As everyone here knows you really need to follow the manual and check the oil level at every fill up when the car is new.

-shon
Old 11-07-2003, 08:10 AM

hes in hawaii probably doesnt have more than one dealer there
Old 11-07-2003, 08:52 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm afraid checking the oil level and keeping it topped up is an owner's responsibility. It even says so in the owner's manual - check every gas fill. It is well known that this engine can use a LOT of oil in a very short time, so unless the oil disappeared due to a leak, faulty oil plug, faulty oil filter or some other engine manufacturing defect, breaking an engine due to low oil is .......................... (well, you get it). Even still, it's the sh!ts anyway.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:56 AM

Can Honda deny warranty work due to a non-honda oil filter?? I'm going to change mine soon (first time doing it myself). I bought a new filter at pep boys, so I don't think its the specific brand that honda uses, but it's the correct size, etc for the vehicle.

I don't want to have a problem down the road from the filter though.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by munckee
Can Honda deny warranty work due to a non-honda oil filter??
Old 11-07-2003, 09:20 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Sorry Honda and Honda supporters, but have to go with usdm1 if I understand his post correctly. (maybe I don't.)

He had the car 3 months. He had the oil changed within that time at another Honda dealer. He then had the car back at his dealership 3 times for this problem. Only after the third time do they find low or no oil????? What did they check the first two times, the tire pressure?

Based on the "acceptable" rate of oil consumption of a new S, I think he would have to have put about 3 thousand miles on the car after the first oil change and before the first time he went back to his dealer to complain about the engine for this to be usdm's fault. How many miles on the car usdm?
Old 11-07-2003, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by munckee
Can Honda deny warranty work due to a non-honda oil filter??
NO! The only way that they can legally blame the filter is if it is found to be defective in which case the filter manufacturer would be liable. Use whatever filter you feel comfortable with.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:55 AM

Seems to me that an engine that goes through enough oil in three months with one oil change in that time has a defect in workmanship by definition.

Quick Reply: Honda's service people SUCKS!!! won'