S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

honda ripping me off!

Old 01-07-2016, 11:39 AM

Received 479 Likes on 391 Posts

I have one, waiting till next oil change to install it.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys I'm back at it since the weather is getting warmer. I purchased all the bolts necessary to fix what Honda recommended me to replace. I took it to my independent shop and charge me $90 to replace compared to Hondas $800 quote. Right after that I took it back to Honda to get an alignment and see what they had to say. First of all they started by saying the price of alignments have gone up by $10 so $200 for the total. So I left the car there and they call back a few hours later telling me the car is ready. I show up and the rep tells me they had issues and as stated before they started that they may not get be able to get the alignment perfect and that something maybe bent but its not visible to the naked eye but it's ok to drive but I will just wear rear tires more than normal and that they will only charge me $100. I pay the cashier and notice that the alignment spec sheet is not with the receipt. So I go back to the rep and asked for it and he told me he wouldn't be able to provide it to me. So I tell yes you can, you gave it to me before and I've been through this back and forth process with this dealer about the spec sheet before. He then states he doesn't have the authority to get it for me at moment since they are closing and no one is available to get but he will call me first thing in the morning so I can pick it up I said okay since they were actually closing. I get in my car and as soon as I accelerated I know so was completely off the car felt like the rear of the car was floating as some point and I'm going to kill myself if I drive it like this. I ended up calling them around 3 in the afternoon and he says that the file has been lost and cant be recovered so they will refund my money and that the dealer manager has blacklisted my car. I said ok return my money and I'm never dealing with you guys again. I went straight to my independent shop and explained what they told me and he laughed and told me there is nothing bent or wrong with the car and the bolts he replaced went in smoothly. He recommended I take it to Firestone down the street to get it aligned because that where he sends everyone with a lowered car to go to. Dropped the car off this morning at firestone and they told me they were able to get it better but the rear camber is off but they did there best to adjust and couldn't get any more adjustment out of it. He stated since the car is lowered it needs an aftermarket camber kit and that he called all the shops around and they don't carry it. He recommended I raise the car back up and that may fix the problem. I didn't want to argue with them since I have lifetime warranty now with Firestone and I just walked half mile in a snow storm to get to the shop. Go figure snow in April only in New England. I just told him give me the alignment sheet and will ask for advice here and will be back in a few days. The first sheet you will see the spec how it was right after I installed the springs and after of Honda's first attempt. The second on Honda gave me my car and told me it was okay to drive and what Firestone was able to accomplish. Is it really that difficult to get the alignment correct on the S2000 or is my car is messes up which I doubt. Someone please help me because I don't want to drive the car like this even though I don't have another option. Thanks
Old 04-04-2016, 05:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never heard of anyone needing a camber kit for the rear, or the front for that matter, to get to stock specs. Unless you have something severely bent, they're doing it wrong. Alignment is not rocket science, I don't know why so many shops can't perform a decent job. I would not allow Firestone to touch my car either. There has been a ton of feedback from Firestone being incompetent as well.

Post or type up the final alignment sheet.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:05 PM

Old 04-04-2016, 06:06 PM

Old 04-04-2016, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by 99SH
I've never heard of anyone needing a camber kit for the rear, or the front for that matter, to get to stock specs. Unless you have something severely bent, they're doing it wrong. Alignment is not rocket science, I don't know why so many shops can't perform a decent job. I would not allow Firestone to touch my car either. There has been a ton of feedback from Firestone being incompetent as well.

Post or type up the final alignment sheet.
Yea me either. They are making seem like it is rocket science at this point it's getting frustrating.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:09 AM

Received 479 Likes on 391 Posts

God that pisses me off, if you were in Miami I'd do your alignment for $85 and it would be perfect. This car is a piece of cake if you know what you're doing.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:49 AM

Received 1,226 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Not sure how oil changes got into an alignment thread. Or why the thread is titled "honda ripping me off." Got diddley to do with Honda. Everything to do with this specific dealer, an independent business.

-- Chuck
Old 04-05-2016, 01:03 PM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

That and taking the car back to the same dealer to get it aligned is straight up retarded don't you think? After all the issues you had in January? Sorry but.... what were you thinking?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101
God that pisses me off, if you were in Miami I'd do your alignment for $85 and it would be perfect. This car is a piece of cake if you know what you're doing.
Thanks bro I wish I was in Miami right now. I just called another shop around and he told me I may have to install shims to get it straight.

Quick Reply: honda ripping me off!