S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

HONDA INTEGRA DC5 FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS

Old 07-26-2007, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LuckyStar,Jul 26 2007, 06:27 AM
Just a guess since I have never seen DC5R brembo's perform in person,
But they should be better because it is a 2 piston caliper which provides equal pressure over a larger surface area.
And they are fixed calipers which improves brake feel because the pads are closer to the rotor as well as it provides equal force against both sides of the rotor at the same time (not so on floating calipers).

All of that helps make a car brake quicker.
And the OEM S2000 brakes are really nothing special. Same thing as any other Honda brakes just sized to fit our car.
Exactly.

Dan
Old 07-26-2007, 05:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LuckyStar,Jul 26 2007, 06:27 AM
Just a guess since I have never seen DC5R brembo's perform in person,
But they should be better because it is a 2 piston caliper which provides equal pressure over a larger surface area.
And they are fixed calipers which improves brake feel because the pads are closer to the rotor as well as it provides equal force against both sides of the rotor at the same time (not so on floating calipers).

All of that helps make a car brake quicker.
And the OEM S2000 brakes are really nothing special. Same thing as any other Honda brakes just sized to fit our car.
yes and no.

there's car out there with 10 pot caliper front and 4 pot rear and it does worst than stock. you'll see alot of car test in car magazine that sometime shows a stock system works better even those it's using conventional hardware. it's all about balance and using all of the availble traction.

you can have a mega dollar caliper that lock the car up quick and fast, but it will only make the tire rubbing and skipping.(of course, not all the case). it's worst when the bbk is mated with track pad that require pre-heat to get the opertional temp. the single biggest advantage of bbk is that the added thermo capacity to resist boiling fluid and fade, which is something rare to see in the street.

my point is, it might looks better, alot bigger and pricey but it doesn't really mean you can stop faster.