S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

HKS Hi-Power question

Old 01-07-2007, 12:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HKS Hi-Power question

I just installed HKS Hi-Power exhaust on my car this Thursday, and I'm told it's going to get louder over time, but as of now the exhaust just isn't loud enough for me. I'm going to have my friend drive my car around the block so I can hear what it sounds like outside of the car, but after paying $700 I want to hear my car, and under certain rpm's I'm not.

I wasn't going to get a testpipe just because I thought this exhaust would be loud enough, but now I'm considering it. Anyone run the HKS with a testpipe? I've seen quite a few turn bumpers yellow and it looks terrible...would that most likely happen? Thanks guys.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed a berk TP and ive had my HKS on for a few thousand miles... it sounds great, and not too loud because the HKS comes with a built in resonator... i only recently put in the testpipe (last week) so i cant say anything about the bumper changing color. i can get a clip for you tomorrow or sumthin.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:46 AM

Sebring shouldnt turn yellow.
My GPW did a LITTTTTTTLE without a cat, but it washed off easily.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by WashabiS2K,Jan 7 2007, 01:43 AM
i can get a clip for you tomorrow or sumthin.
I would seriously appreciate that. And thanks WyattH...you were one of the guys who convinced me to go with HKS to begin with
Old 01-07-2007, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, it's funny how you think this exhaust isn't loud enough, when I just posted a thread yesterday saying that the drone is killing me ears (same exhaust and I've only had it on the car since Tuesday). Anyhow, I purchased a testpipe with it and after hearing the exhaust I decided not to use the test pipe, so I'm selling it. I don't mean to hijack your post in order to sell the test pipe, but I figured if you end up wanting one you may want to buy mine. I just listed it on ebay yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Invidia-Tes...sspagenameZWDVW

Let me know if interested.

By the way, I forgot to mention that it does sound nice without the test pipe, you just cannot appreciate the sound from inside. I had a buddy of mine drive the car around and it sounds quite aggressive for not having a test pipe. It's definitely a nice exhaust, but I drove 1.5 hours yesterday on a 90-mile long trip, and I had to keep the car over the speed limit to try and avoid the droning; not good after dumping 600 bucks into 1 ticket 2 months ago.

Etien.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:26 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

My sebring bumper turns yellow after a month or so but its a (carbon?) buildup that will come off using a clay bar.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:55 AM

i have HKS with test pipe...sounds awesome! i think its pretty loud. No yellow bumper here..not even a little bit
Old 01-07-2007, 10:33 AM

Hmm...I still don't know
Old 01-09-2007, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Jan 7 2007, 09:26 AM
My sebring bumper turns yellow after a month or so but its a (carbon?) buildup that will come off using a clay bar.
I'm running a HKS with test pipe also. Definitely helps with the droning and yes it is louder. I also like the little quicker throttle response also.

I agree, it does brown the bumper, but comes off with a clay bar or a little soap and water and a little scrubing with a microfiber cloth.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

the exhaust note will change a little over time, but probably not enough to make you happy. Generally, exhausts get a little louder and a little more raspy. test pipe will probably make the pitch a little higher.. and louder over all.

Quick Reply: HKS Hi-Power question