S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

HKS F-Con V Pro Engine Management installed

Old 04-12-2004, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apexi does not make the power FC for the S2000. The F-Con V Pro is considered by most the ultimate in Plug and Play ECU's. I always try and be different with my car even though it is hard to do now with so many superb S2k's on the board. Whether it is the StopTech brakes, Ohlins, Front Mount radiator for AC, vertical door kit, godzilla BOV,ect. I always try to be different and set a new standard.
Drew
Old 04-12-2004, 09:49 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Tech2Drew
Apexi does not make the power FC for the S2000. The F-Con V Pro is considered by most the ultimate in Plug and Play ECU's. I always try and be different with my car even though it is hard to do now with so many superb S2k's on the board. Whether it is the StopTech brakes, Ohlins, Front Mount radiator for AC, vertical door kit, godzilla BOV,ect. I always try to be different and set a new standard.
Drew
Thanks, and porps to your beautiful creation
Old 05-08-2004, 11:44 PM

Drew, if you are still in the market for a Motec dash, let me know. I've got one that's never been used with a harness, no upgrades as of yet.

Maybe we can work trade on some shocks. PM me
Old 05-08-2004, 11:49 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd be interested in a comparison to the AEM as I'm about to consider a standalone to replace my Greddy E-manage.

Mind you, for $2300 it would have to do a whole lot more than the AEM.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't. In fact, it doesn't do as much as the EMS. Remember that engine management is really about controlling two things - fuel and timing. If it can control those things effectively (and in an easy to use manner), that's 90% of the battle. The rest is in the little details.

I was a big critic of the EMS early on, but its really become the pre-eminent high function engine management system for street cars. Its overkill for many folks (your average B-series Honda is better off with a Hondata), but it works.

UL
Old 05-09-2004, 03:10 PM

i would like to know also how the EMS and the F CON compare to each other.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:19 PM

Ultimate Lurker what do you mean the F-Con V Pro does not do as much as the EMS in regards to having complete control of the engine? The only thing it does not have is the launch control like a ems does. I also just bought an F Con V for my B series for my World Challenge ITR instead of going with the Hondata.
Drew
Old 05-10-2004, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a lot more than just that. For example, how many independent triggers and inputs/outputs does the F-Con V have? Can it trim cylinders based upon EGT? How about manage boost internally, varying it by gear? Or how about gear dependent traction control?

As I said, the AEM EMS is overkill for most people, but at $1500 or less, its a hell of a bargain in the serious engine management stakes. It'll do pretty much everything a Motec will do at substantially less (the Motec gets expensive when you start unlocking all the modules that come standard on the EMS).

I still recommend Hondata to my B and K-series customers (the latter really have no better option, and most of the former need nothing more until they pass about 600 hp), but the EMS gets my vote as the best F20C management system at present. When it comes to products for Hondas these days, I start with US suppliers, as they have far eclipsed the JDM folks when it comes to power and speed in the Honda realm.

UL
Old 05-10-2004, 05:16 PM

UL
Old 05-12-2004, 10:45 AM

Ulitamte Lurker what is the List Price of a AEM EMS to make it fair. I can not answer your questions on the F-Con V Pro, but I will be sure to find out for you.
Drew

Quick Reply: HKS F-Con V Pro Engine Management installed