S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Hesitation after Dyno tune with greddy?

Old 04-21-2004, 06:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe,

Check your AFR around the area that hesitation starts, see if you're running a bit rich in that area.

Also, I would like to chase down the supposed issue with the eManage and the S coils. You mentioned the eManage will quickly burn through the S coils unless an option was first set by the tuner (their words). My off the cuff guess would be the eManage defaults to low impedance coil packs from the factory, whereas the S has high impedance packs. This will have a large effect on the signal sent to the packs. Do me a favor and check the book...let me know if eManage specifies the default setting.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

The issues with the coil packs have stemmed from improper wiring. At first the Timing control was not supposed to work with the individual coil packs. Later Westmaster posted that the E-manage would control timing here:

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=137199

This is the first I have heard of any Damage to coils from an E-manage. In all of my reading of the E-manage Manual there is no mention of any setting change for coil packs/distributor ignition.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car falls flat on it's face after getting the E-manage only when I am going steady throttle(not decelerating or accelerating) in first and second gear under 25 mph. I figure it's a tuning issue, but they did change the plugs to NGK. I don't think it's a big deal, but it can be annoying.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From experience,
if its a wiring issue with the coil pack, you will get a CEL.....
if it is popping under sudden acceleration you might have a sudden spike in you AFR (too rich).... meaning two things.... 1. if it was a stand alone ... your fuel acceleration enrichment is too high./Battery offset of your injectors is wrong 2. your fuel map is wacked right around that area....
the fix would be 1. buy a WB02 sensor..... I would recommend the PLX device...its cheap and it works.....2. drive around with a buddy and use the trace function and monitor AFR......
this should fix your problems......
Beroz
Old 04-22-2004, 08:00 AM

the only thing is that the greddy should be having no effect on my A/F when in closed loop..so in turn when I am at 50% throttle and accelerate top 75% throttle the greddy is inactive...at that point the car should be running on stock maps, and should run exactly the same as it did before the greddy install and tune....the greddy only kicks in when the loop is open(in other words full throtle)...the only change we made that should effect the car at 50-75% throtle is the sparkplugs? I had already driven the car with the testpipe for a week and this problem didnt occur, which is why i imediately questioned the sparkplugs!!!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 09:20 AM

Wow...now if you had mentioned that the tuner only did WOT then I wouldn't have waisted my time in the last post.......
Normally when one says my tuner tuned my emanage it would mean both WOT and PT....... I guess not in your case......
Since the tuner only did WOT I would uninstall the Emanage first.... I hope you went with the harness option......
see if it still occurs....
Beroz
Old 04-22-2004, 09:26 AM
Former Moderator

Beroz, he bought the Emanage with harness from me. You remember you talked to him on the cell phone at Josh's house.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:41 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by beroznikmal
Wow...now if you had mentioned that the tuner only did WOT then I wouldn't have waisted my time in the last post.......
Normally when one says my tuner tuned my emanage it would mean both WOT and PT....... I guess not in your case......
Since the tuner only did WOT I would uninstall the Emanage first.... I hope you went with the harness option......
see if it still occurs....
Old 04-22-2004, 10:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bullet1123
Old 04-22-2004, 10:51 AM

your tuner is whacked.....I would suggest 2 things.... read up on the emanage... there are many good posts in UTH
2. maybe change tuners...
I do not see why he would do that.... well it does help if you track the car and wanna keep the car on VTEC... but for everyday driving I would change it back to 5500 in /5400 out RPM.....
if you go into the emanage software, take a look at the fuel map table and make sure that the values are mostly zero... if he only did WOT then only the top horizontal part would be populated with non zero numbers.....
Hope this helps..... good luck... feel free to PM me if you anymore questions....

Beroz

Quick Reply: Hesitation after Dyno tune with greddy?