S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help! Tire Sticks Out On One side

Old 08-28-2014, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbpom1003
what the heck.. why did you buy a car with an accident history? a friend of mine made the exact same accident. he hit the pedestrian curb very hard. the sub frame and frame all got messed up. you can't just put LCA or fix the alignment since frame itself is shifted rightward. even a very good body shop can't make it as like out of factory.

and are you sure they are real Advan RG? I'm not an Advan guy, but I believe Advan Racing should be stamped around the rim edge.

if you don't care, hell ya, the car can go straight if you get a good alignment, but my recommendation is to sell the car, and get a new like condition one. check the car sale thread. there are bunch of almost new s2k

I live off seas... in the Caribbean... s2k's down here are VERY VERY minimum.... we have to get what's here man... and cant import any because a stupid law here that prohibits from importing used cars older than 2010... so basically NO MORE S2K's will be coming.

Al ready checked the subframe everything is where it should be... no bents... just the usual "subframe shift" that ive read on the forums that happends when you hit a curb... fixed that but still looks off...

The advans are ORIGINAL they are RG1's, and these are not stamped on the front... the stamped where RG2's and RG-D.... I painted them black so they could go well with the Ferrari paint... but they are stamped on the inside.

If I sell the car... there aren't more S2K's on sale here and honestly 90-95% of local S2K have been in an accident... so WE ARE DOOMED with what we have.

Gotta love 3rd world countrys
Old 08-28-2014, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by iamxpL
i would check the subframe first. not the alignment but the attachment locations/points.

which locations/points are you referring to?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OMG that's bloody stupid law. no less than 2010 used vehicles??

I mean the frame itself can be shifted, not just the subframe. Because the subframe is tightly bolted to the frame, what actually absorb the impact and bent is the frame even though the subframe is aligned fine
Old 08-29-2014, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by tbpom1003
OMG that's bloody stupid law. no less than 2010 used vehicles??

I mean the frame itself can be shifted, not just the subframe. Because the subframe is tightly bolted to the frame, what actually absorb the impact and bent is the frame even though the subframe is aligned fine

Yeah hate the law man, but that's how things are down here...

Frame is all ok, had body shop check it out... I did a complete color swap... Frame if measuring same on boths sides of the car.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:21 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

check where the arms connect to the sub frame. Most curb related damages end up with these symptoms.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:16 AM

My car has the same issue, but in the front driver side. That tire sticks out more and would not camber past .13 degrees. In my case it ended being the knuckle. It bends slightly, on the car its not very noticeable. Had to take both front knuckles and put them side by side to compare. I was told, if its an accident, mostly the knuckle. If its not an accident, then probably the lower control arm.
So i think your problem is the knuckle. But i recommend doing the same, take both rear knuckles out and compare. I can send you an email of my knuckles and how they are bent. Remember mine were the front, but it should apply. Somebody correct me if im wrong.
Saludos de Puerto Rico vecino Dominicano! Caribbean s2k FTW.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by gcollazo
My car has the same issue, but in the front driver side. That tire sticks out more and would not camber past .13 degrees. In my case it ended being the knuckle. It bends slightly, on the car its not very noticeable. Had to take both front knuckles and put them side by side to compare. I was told, if its an accident, mostly the knuckle. If its not an accident, then probably the lower control arm.
So i think your problem is the knuckle. But i recommend doing the same, take both rear knuckles out and compare. I can send you an email of my knuckles and how they are bent. Remember mine were the front, but it should apply. Somebody correct me if im wrong.
Saludos de Puerto Rico vecino Dominicano! Caribbean s2k FTW.
hanks a lot for your input bro!!!! Saludos PR!!!!
Ill send you me info via PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:59 PM

Any more opinions of check up options before I start buying random parts.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:24 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

I'd flip/flop the wheels/tires and see if the look is still the same (maybe 1 wheel is mismarked?)
Just remember to put the directional tires back on the correct way.
Levi