S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help! Tire Sticks Out On One side

Old 08-19-2014, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Tire Sticks Out On One side

I posted this in the suspention thread but apparently nobday cares there.... I will start off with saying that ive been lurking here for a few years... till I finally got my S2K 3 months ago... ive done MANY MANY searches and just want to state my on case here and hear your guys opinion....

So apparently I have the common SOMETHING bent issue... Passenger rear tire sticks out more than the Driver rear tire...
Ive read many things and The first thing I checked was the Subframe shifting issue... indeed it was shifted, fixed this... tire got a LITTLE better (meaning) passenger side poke went down a bit... but still sticks out, and driver side is totally tucked...

I know that other options may be the knuckle or the LCA... But I live in Dominican Republic I have to pay DOUBLE shipping of everything I buy in the states (shipping to Miami, and then shipping to my country).. and also I have to change local currency to dolars in order to buy... so anything I buy I actually hay to pay pretty expensive... wait an extra week, so I cant really afford to buy things without proper verifying to make shure I order whats really damaged, I NEED YOUR HELP, GUYS

Facts:
- Previous Owner did have a collision on driver rear.. with a curb...
- Wheels are 17x9.5 Advan RG's so I guess they shoud stick out a little instead of tucking the wheel... right?

Questions:
- How do I make shure its the knuckle or the LCA...
- In case of either part... do I have to buy the passenger side (the tire that sticks out) or the drivers side (the side that the wheel is tucked) Also like in other post.... tucked side looks lower than the side that sticks out... (this is measuring fender to tire distance)
Old 08-20-2014, 05:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post pictures of both sides. What are your wheel and tire specs? With those specs we should be able to see which side is off. With it being a 9.5 wheel it should be more flush then tucked. And the previous collision in the same side more then likely does have something to do with it.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it the correct rim? Correct back space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2014, 09:40 AM

check to see if the rear wheels are the same offset
Old 08-21-2014, 06:53 PM

i had a similar problem it was the sway bar i had loosin it when it was on the jack
i had to put the tire back on the ground and re tightin sway bar the hier lower problem whent away
Old 08-27-2014, 11:57 AM

Yes wheels are exact same size 17x9.5 +35 and tires also 245/35/17...

View from rear...

View from the front....

View from front.... I put thinner tires and now it looks the same height
Old 08-27-2014, 12:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the offset different between the two rims?
Old 08-28-2014, 07:15 AM

No, everything is exactly the same.... on both sides...
Old 08-28-2014, 09:50 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

i would check the subframe first. not the alignment but the attachment locations/points.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what the heck.. why did you buy a car with an accident history? a friend of mine made the exact same accident. he hit the pedestrian curb very hard. the sub frame and frame all got messed up. you can't just put LCA or fix the alignment since frame itself is shifted rightward. even a very good body shop can't make it as like out of factory.

and are you sure they are real Advan RG? I'm not an Advan guy, but I believe Advan Racing should be stamped around the rim edge.

if you don't care, hell ya, the car can go straight if you get a good alignment, but my recommendation is to sell the car, and get a new like condition one. check the car sale thread. there are bunch of almost new s2k

Quick Reply: Help! Tire Sticks Out On One side