S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

HELP! Roof is Dead, will not raise...and I live in England :o(

Old 03-02-2011, 04:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HELP! Roof is Dead, will not raise...and I live in England :o(

Hi all,

Really need your input here, took my hard top off today only to discover that the roof will not operate. When the switch is moved there is not even a click or a sign that a relay/motor is working, just nothing. Have been through the under bonnet fuses and they all check out fine. Parking brake light is on, windows all energise ok, ignition switch is on, all lights are ok. Are there any more fuses relevant to roof operation? Or maybe limit switches etc, relays. I can use a multimeter no probs, so any advice will be greatly received.

As I live in England not having a roof will be unthinkable, any ideas please!!!

Car is an early 2006 btw if that helps...

Cheers
Lee
Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Earls_f20c
Hi all,

Really need your input here, took my hard top off today only to discover that the roof will not operate. When the switch is moved there is not even a click or a sign that a relay/motor is working, just nothing. Have been through the under bonnet fuses and they all check out fine. Parking brake light is on, windows all energise ok, ignition switch is on, all lights are ok. Are there any more fuses relevant to roof operation? Or maybe limit switches etc, relays. I can use a multimeter no probs, so any advice will be greatly received.

As I live in England not having a roof will be unthinkable, any ideas please!!!

Car is an early 2006 btw if that helps...

Cheers
Lee
Now fixed - The "Convertible Top Disable Switch" was killing the power, it seemed to think the Hardtop was still fitted!! Flicked it a few times and everything burst into life, happy days!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Earls_f20c
Now fixed - The "Convertible Top Disable Switch" was killing the power, it seemed to think the Hardtop was still fitted!! Flicked it a few times and everything burst into life, happy days!

Just learned something new - never was aware there was a Top Disable Switch. Nice to know one does have to rely on the owner's common sense not to try to activate the power top when the hardtop is in place. Regarding your other problem, i.e., living in England, I am not certain this forum can offer a solution. I will note that my State of residence, South Carolina, is quite nice in the Winter time, and it was one of the original 13 Colonies.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by jelliotlevy

Just learned something new - never was aware there was a Top Disable Switch. Nice to know one does have to rely on the owner's common sense not to try to activate the power top when the hardtop is in place. Regarding your other problem, i.e., living in England, I am not certain this forum can offer a solution. I will note that my State of residence, South Carolina, is quite nice in the Winter time, and it was one of the original 13 Colonies.
Lol,I was so glad that I found it (thanks to the full service manual circuit diagram) It's next to the drivers side (our passenger side) Hardtop pin mount. I think the only solution would have been to move countries to somewhere warm and dry...

South Carolina sounds toasty, any service engineer jobs going down there??