S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help! Retrofitted EPS from an '03 into my Legend

Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Retrofitted EPS from an '03 into my Legend

As the title states, I've retrofitted the S2K rack into my Acura Legend in preparation of using the Legend's power steering crank pulley slot to run my Rotrex C38-81 s/c. I've fabricated everything in, but I'm having a slight problem. When I turn the steering wheel to the left, the wheels turn right. When I turn the steering wheel to the right, the wheels turn left. If I grab the wheels and turn them, the outside "slider" or "sleeve" is turning in the opposite direction as the steering wheel. If I turn the steering wheel, the "slider" turns the same direction, but the wheels still turn the opposite direction. This happens whether the car is on or off. I'm thinking my issue must be the torque sensor, but I'm not sure why.

I did some searching around this forum, and found a link to this article, but it doesn't offer much in the way of insight (pun not intended). So, I ask you all, any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:37 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Flip the rack upside down. Seriously.

The S2000 has the tie rod arms on the front of the knuckles, while the Legend has them on the rear. The steering rack is still moving correctly for the S, but opposite for your legend.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Get as Civic EPS rack. S2k rack is mounted in front of the ball joints, not behind.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:05 PM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

Haha. FAIL!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:12 PM

Slow2k and SobeDeath, thanks for the replies, guys. The fix should be as simple as turning the tie rod ends so that they are upside down. So, Suzuka_Joe, negative on the fail. I'll see you at the track.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:54 PM

What'd you expect? Grow up, I was having fun. Do u know how long I've waited to use that pic.

I'd take you up on that track offer. I'll bring my s2000. You bring the beater
Old 08-11-2009, 07:22 PM

*lol* Trust me, the Legend is no beater. Call up Oscar Jackson Jr @ Kraftwerks and ask him about the guy w/the 6MT Legend w/the 3.5 swap. He'll know who you're talking about. So will Justin Nenni. He's tuning the EMS.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whats77inaname,Aug 11 2009, 07:22 PM
*lol* Trust me, the Legend is no beater. Call up Oscar Jackson Jr @ Kraftwerks and ask him about the guy w/the 6MT Legend w/the 3.5 swap. He'll know who you're talking about. So will Justin Nenni. He's tuning the EMS.
everyone can talk the talk on forums. but i wanna see specs and pics of this monster.. NOWWWWW lol
Old 08-11-2009, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by whats77inaname,Aug 11 2009, 07:22 PM

This one is because your so cool and people know you. I'll remember you too, the dude with the legend that turns the opposite way. Have people call me for a reference

None of my posts are to be mean. I keep shit real
Old 08-11-2009, 07:44 PM

I keep it real, too. Track real No harm, no foul. I understand it's all in good fun.

As far as this "beast" *lol* The list of mods is long, go to Acura-Legend.com and search for posts started by me. You'll see all you're looking for. Add'l info can be found on acuralegend.org.

The C38-81 was picked up about 2 months ago for $1600 brand new on eBay. The 3.5 is sitting in the garage waiting for the EPS to get finished.

I've installed a CarPC. Currently fabricating brackets for my powdercoated 4 piston RL calipers for the BBK I'm working on. The 6MT is the garage. The Racing Hart C5s (not Evo, the *real* C5s) just got back from being polished.

Here are a smattering of pictures:

My calipers:

The CarPC using the RideRunner front end w/the Crystal Blue skin on a lilliput 7" touchscreen. Windows XP o/s:

The car before I put on the new bumper cover.

The C5s when they arrived:

The JDM headlights retrofitted w/E55 Bi-xenon headlights

Quick Reply: Help! Retrofitted EPS from an '03 into my Legend