S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help, passenger window problem

Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, passenger window problem

First of all it's not the lock button I already checked that, the window doe's not work at all with the driver side switch only with the passenger, I searched for a answear and found it might obviestly be the driver side switch, but I just wan't to make sure that's the problem before buying the part, I took the switch out but I wasn't sure what to look for and could'nt find if it was the problem, the switch box all comes in on piece with the driver window switch and lock button switch, doe's anyone know a way of making sure that's what the problem is..? can it be something else..? any help woul'd be verry appreciated I been trying to find a solution with no luck for a while now..
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 AM

Old 04-04-2011, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did it just stop randomly one day? does the switch click when you try and go up and down? is the window stuck down, cause it may have came off track. im just throwing things out there so you can check. it could be a switch and probably picked up in the marketplace fairly cheap.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:56 AM

I was wrong

check the fuses first (if u cant hear any motor kinda noise) then if they done perhaps take out the switch and test it's working with ammeter? if that's good then it's most likely window mechanism/motor issue then keep going from there with the glass being on runners etc.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 AM

No it didn't stop randomly, it started giving me problems a couple weeks back would come and go, used to rattle sometimes also when the last half woul'd go down, but I could'nt source the problem I figured I would have to let it completely mess up to figure out what it was, it works fine with the passenger but doesn't work at all with the driver switch and yes the switch does click. I'm hoping it's the switch but just wan't to make sure.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nickamsweet
I was wrong

check the fuses first (if u cant hear any motor kinda noise) then if they done perhaps take out the switch and test it's working with ammeter? if that's good then it's most likely window mechanism/motor issue then keep going from there with the glass being on runners etc.
Lol.. I'm guessing you thought it was the lock button.. but checked fuses they'r good can't be the motor since it works with the passenger switch
Old 04-04-2011, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does it not go up at all but, the motor whines? then i would check the window regulator. i know on my old s2000 my snapped on the passenger side. bought a whole new part and took 15 mins to install it.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 PM

No motor whine, it works fine with the passenger switch it's only with the driverside switch that it doesn't work..
Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 PM

I had the same problem only it wouldn't go down with either side. It ended up being a broken wire. But while I was reading the schematics on it, I vaguely remember that it goes from the driver side switch and then ties into the convertible switch before it goes to the passenger switch. Roll it up and see if it rolls down with the convertible switch (make sure your top is latched in case your top goes down and your window doesn't). Do you have the helms manual?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 PM

^^I checked the softop when it started giving me trouble and it worked fine, but I'll check again tomorrow I got a hardtop with the izzy's brackets so I gotta wait till tomorrow to unscrew everything and have someone help me remove the hardtop..although since the window still works with the passenger switch would'nt that mean it's not the softop control module..? as for the helms I don't have one...

Quick Reply: Help, passenger window problem