S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help - Mil On!!!

Old 07-16-2002, 09:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No offense should be taken Azreal! Sorry if my posts offended you. It has nothing to do with time on the board, post counts, or anything else. I don't trust my own dealer let alone someone I don't recognize on the board. I assure you going forward I will have a better understanding of your "field experience". It is iunvaluable to have members/guests here such as yourself to assure everyone doublechecks their personal theories and sources. So a personal thanks to you for educating me. It is of utmost importance that the board is well informed.

As for RT; consider one lunch owed in concert with the official crow eating.

As for infinite bass............what's your point? Your wasting bandwidth again!

Utah
Old 07-16-2002, 09:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a post whore....Wesmaster should chime in and agree with me here...

Blake
Old 07-17-2002, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey all ....ok x-viper i will take a picture and get the model number for you! I bought it at a local mom and pop parts store right by my grocery store. so i am sure it is easily avalible i paid 160 and that was probably high because they are a small shop.....
one thing ya can't do on it is get coolant temps....which the honda one can.....some trouble shooting checklist require the car to be under 180 and above 60 degress (f) but besides that i really like it. ok tomorrow at work i will take some pics and get all the info for ya. A/C is to nice to go outside right now and digital camera is at work
Old 07-17-2002, 02:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by ItalianBucwheat
hey all ....ok x-viper i will take a picture and get the model number for you! I bought it at a local mom and pop parts store right by my grocery store. so i am sure it is easily avalible i paid 160 and that was probably high because they are a small shop.....
one thing ya can't do on it is get coolant temps....which the honda one can.....some trouble shooting checklist require the car to be under 180 and above 60 degress (f) but besides that i really like it. ok tomorrow at work i will take some pics and get all the info for ya. A/C is to nice to go outside right now and digital camera is at work
Thanks, no hurry. I've been keeping an eye out for one for over a year so what's a while longer?
Old 07-17-2002, 05:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.kalequip.com/cgi-bin/web_store....id=495910_26713

copy and paste it works for me!
ok x-viper this is a web page that shows the scanner they have it
for 220...wow i guess i got a deal! It is made by kalequip
and is model 9040
if that site doesn't work go to www.kalequip.com........then press on kalequip.....then type in 9040 on the acutron search.....then press the promt for 9040.....nice pics and tells all about it hope this helps....this page also has a code look up right on the site pretty cool....i think if more codes come out in the future they will also upgrade your scanner. I am happy with it ...gives ya some piece of mind ...and if ya can fix it at least ya go to the dealer with some knowledge and don't look like a total idiot....well as long as i don't have bugs in my teeth!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

EXCELLENT, IB. Thanks! Bookmarked it!

Me... I'm gonna try a laptop-based solution. Wouldn't it be cool to have the OBD stuff at your fingertips while posting s2ki? I can see the convenience of having this as a stand-alone tool tho.

Rock on.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ItalianBucwheat - This is great! This'll work on my other car, too. A lot cheaper than the Honda tool.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess everyone uses their dealer as a last resort I would do the same since I trust this board more than most of the honda dealers out there.
Old 07-19-2002, 05:48 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm not sure I'd go that far, Former

I know that I want to be able to understand the problems that my car detects in itself. The whole idea of having the diagnostic tool to do that is very "sexy" and feeds my desire to learn about the car. Fixing said problems... that's another story.

I consider myself good on theory but short on experience. There are definitely folks lurking "under the hood" here that are serious mechanics, but I'm not one of them. I can use a wrench, do minor repairs, and read a shop manual with the best of 'em, but no way I'm gonna tear an engine / tranny apart.

That said, there is definitely a paucity of trust between the owners here and the dealers. It gets talked about a lot. Totally understandable given the tremendous combined knowledge out there that s2ki members represent. Glad to be here!

Best wishes
Old 07-30-2002, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is this crap?

I'm not allowed to say something bad about someone else? I can understand the scorn on profanity and such -- but what, I'm not even allowed to make a statement about someone else's behavior? That's rediculous!

- Warren

Quick Reply: Help - Mil On!!!