S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help me with my door locks

Old 04-20-2008, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MitsukillinS2K,Apr 20 2008, 11:54 AM
have you tried locking it from the inside?
Using the remote inside? Yeah. I just want the locks to lock remotely like they used to.. so when I get out I can just hit the lock button and lock both sides as I walk away.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:21 PM

hmm can u make sure ur dome light is set for doors.. next close all the doors and see if the light turns off.. if not.. one of the door triggers might not be working

also try reseting your remote.. do this buy pressing lock or unlock 5 to 6 times.. than try it again.. if that still dont work try reprogramming

The system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter is erased.

^ Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.

^ You must complete each step within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode. Program the transmitters within 10 seconds.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
2. Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver unit behind the driver's side dash.
3. Within 1 to 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Within 1 to 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch ON (II).
5. Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver unit behind the driver's side dash.
6. Within 1 to 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Within 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch ON (II).
8. Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver unit behind the driver's side dash.
9. Within 1 to 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch OFF.
10. Within 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch ON (II).
11. Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver unit behind the driver's side dash.
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button again. The keyless receiver unit is now in the program mode. You must push the transmitter lock or unlock button of the first transmitter again to program that remote.
13. Within 10 sec. , aim the transmitters (up to two additional ones) whose codes you want to store at the receiver unit, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.
15. Confirm proper operation of the transmitters with the new code(s).

simple test for actuator .. from inside the car.. with both doors unlock.. you should be able to lock the door by hand and both doors should lock.. not sure if this the same on an older model
Old 04-20-2008, 06:57 PM

Holy crap man.. that actually worked. How did you know about this? I wouldve never figured anything like that out. Thanks much
Old 04-21-2008, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by revere,Apr 20 2008, 06:57 PM
Holy crap man.. that actually worked. How did you know about this? I wouldve never figured anything like that out. Thanks much
lol which part worked? the reset?
im a toyota tech but those are the steps i would do if it was a toyota.. which is not too different from a honda

also i have access to just bout any car shop manual online. (alldatapro.com) but glad u got it fixed.. must be nice to have your keyless locking back huh
Old 04-21-2008, 07:17 PM

The long reprograming part. Idk why the remotes lost code but yeah.. I was heading towards replaceing relays and fuses and all kinds of wasted stuff. Thanks