S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

HELP!!!!Low RPM bog/hesitation

Old 03-23-2004, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!Low RPM bog/hesitation

I Just drove 1200 miles from NJ to FLA......While driving on the Highway the car seems to run fine. Once I hit heavy traffic, Pretty much stopped but moving very slowly in first gear i noticed the car started to jerk when i pushed real light on the gas. It would start climing in RPM then at like 2500 it would bog and start jearking but them come right out of it. The car would almost stall is i did not push the clutch and spike the gass a little. It feels like a miss fire or something. I dont know if it is or not. There is NO CEL and I went to a local honda dealer and they could not help me. I thought it is the plugs but they say no. The car does not do it every time, but only does it after a steady long highway drive.....(Say 4 hrs) then slow down for heavy traffic. But when over speeds of 35 it has never done it

Does anyone know what is wrong with my car??????? I dont want to break down on I95 in the middle of no where........
I am not going to have access to a PC for a coupple of days so please post anything you know about my problem

BTW I have a 00 with 33000 miles on it aqnd yes the plug recall was done

Could this have something to do with my Diff of clutch?????? It deff feels like it is something to do with the ignition.

Thanks for the help
Kenny
Old 03-23-2004, 11:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's been pretty hot down here lately - last week was mid 80's. Sounds like heat soak of the intake combined with your ECU getting used to the heat/humidity down here.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:43 AM

Yup, sounds like good ol' heatsoak

The heavy slow roll traffic doesn't allow for much if any airflow. I am curious of you have any sort of CAI?
Old 03-23-2004, 12:27 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't believe anything is wrong with your car. Have a look here:
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...ghlight=bucking
Old 03-23-2004, 02:33 PM

That's so ironic that you posted this problem. Although my car is completely stock, and I live in Florida, after driving about 75 miles from Orlando to Daytona Beach on Saturday for Spring Break Tuner Bash, I noticed the exact same thing happening while I was sitting in bumper to bumper, stop n' go traffic once I got to Daytona Beach. I mean, my car was doing the exact same thing. However, in the last two days I have not noticed this happening during my normal commute to and from work. After reading the linked thread, it doesn't sound like it's a serious cause for alarm. Interesting though...

Thanks
Old 03-23-2004, 05:04 PM

I have the same problem i don't really worry about it. I think it is mostly caused by the intake and exhaust on my car.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:55 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

He got heatsoaked......but he has an Injen Intake in his sig?

I thought that wasn't supposed to happen? Is that because he was stopped in traffic? Even still, it should be pulling from the fender well area where it should be much cooler than the engine compartment (even with hot asphalt).

What do you all think now? Hmmmmmmmm.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hockey
He got heatsoaked......but he has an Injen Intake in his sig?

I thought that wasn't supposed to happen?
Old 03-24-2004, 01:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll take that link XViper. I'm always interested in your twisted (wink) perspective!

Thanx,
Hockey
Old 03-24-2004, 01:43 PM

I'm agreeing, heatsoak isnt really a cause for a problem like this. Its just simply injection nature, although some will say fault.

Most engines are setup to cut fuel off on overrun above a certain rpm (in the engines i deal with its 1500rpm) where below that it cuts fuel back in to control idle. As you cuise on teh overrun with no fuel running through the engine its smooth, hit 1500 rpm and it jerks as fuel applies a jerk and torque, decreasing engine breaking.

When in traffic in first and travelling at a speed which is right on the cutoff/idle regulation maps you'll be kangarooing about as the ECU tries to supply the injection requirements you need whilst combatting its own idle regulation speed cutoff.

Again, just another theory, but akin to Xvipers.

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!Low RPM bog/hesitation