S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help identify this grind/feeling

Old 02-18-2012, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help identify this grind/feeling

So this is an "issue" that I haven't heard of and that I'm not familiar with. Its hard to explain so please bare with me.

SOMETIMES (the problem is intermittent and does not happen EVERY TIME) when i'm just pulling of in 1 first gear or reverse (usually at the friction point when the clutch engages) as I'm moving forward/backward there is a gritty or grinding feeling until the car gets a little bit faster (so this feeling occurs sometimes between 3-6MPH and then goes away).
Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 AM

Anyone?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

be more specific. Where is the grind? Clutch slipping?
Old 02-19-2012, 03:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear this is quite common, does it happen when turning?
Old 02-19-2012, 05:01 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by macdaddies911
So this is an "issue" that I haven't heard of and that I'm not familiar with. Its hard to explain so please bare with me.

SOMETIMES (the problem is intermittent and does not happen EVERY TIME) when i'm just pulling of in 1 first gear or reverse (usually at the friction point when the clutch engages) as I'm moving forward/backward there is a gritty or grinding feeling until the car gets a little bit faster (so this feeling occurs sometimes between 3-6MPH and then goes away).
Did you change your clutch and tranny fluids?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by HarryD
Originally Posted by macdaddies911' timestamp='1329629027' post='21428403

Did you change your clutch and tranny fluids?
Not yet that will be done this week. Its hard to explain what it feels like. Imagine pulling off and everything feels smooth, but for a few seconds usually around 4-6mph there is a hesitant rough feeling, then nothing
Old 02-20-2012, 03:14 PM

i know exactly what your talking about mine does the same thing. i pull out of my driveway in reverse and the when i put it in 1st and start to pull away it buzzes right around my foot area for 2-3 sec. it does it everytime the first time i put it in 1st in that day. but does not repeat itself until the next day. so maybe it has to do something with the engine being cold? it doesnt sound to serious but ive always wondered what it was. it sounds almost like the EPS or something electrical initializing.

if it helps i have a MY00 and im on top of all my fluids and maintenance.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by vufgew
i know exactly what your talking about mine does the same thing. i pull out of my driveway in reverse and the when i put it in 1st and start to pull away it buzzes right around my foot area for 2-3 sec. it does it everytime the first time i put it in 1st in that day. but does not repeat itself until the next day. so maybe it has to do something with the engine being cold? it doesnt sound to serious but ive always wondered what it was. it sounds almost like the EPS or something electrical initializing.

if it helps i have a MY00 and im on top of all my fluids and maintenance.
YEs EXACTLY, it gives me a little vibration through the pedals. I have no clue what it is, never had this on my 2003. It doesn't seem to be harmful but very abnormal.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:27 AM

does anyone have any ideas what this might be?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:32 AM

Still don't know lol but I will say that it actually happens earlier on than 5MPH like right after my foot is completely off of the clutch. I'm going to change my fluids and see if that helps.

Quick Reply: Help identify this grind/feeling