S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help!! I cant figure this noise out

Old 09-01-2020, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
I think it is something loose, particularly a bolt rattling on something else that magnifies the noise. As you change rpm you reach the resonate level causing a real increase in vibration of the affected part.
im hoping something is just lose, no luck in finding it yet LOLOL
Old 09-01-2020, 01:39 PM

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,040 Posts

Unless Billman can chime in with exactly the noise location, I would check more than just bolts. Something like the battery shield could do that, mounting bracket edges, etc.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Unless Billman can chime in with exactly the noise location, I would check more than just bolts. Something like the battery shield could do that, mounting bracket edges, etc.
hopefully he see’s the post and does chime in haha, I’ve been looking everywhere, under the car all that. The noise brings me to the crank pulley area every time. Going to take another look tomorrow
Old 09-01-2020, 02:10 PM

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,101 Posts

I have experienced those same shaking/squeaky noises on other cars and they are not always easy to find. Most times when I finally find them, it is by placing my hand on the part causing them and hearing it stop. I chased one on another car of mine and found it when I leaned over the fender one time (it was the fender bolts in that case). They can definitly be a pain! But it does sound a lot like something shaking and moving around against something else. Good luck!
Old 09-01-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by engifineer
I have experienced those same shaking/squeaky noises on other cars and they are not always easy to find. Most times when I finally find them, it is by placing my hand on the part causing them and hearing it stop. I chased one on another car of mine and found it when I leaned over the fender one time (it was the fender bolts in that case). They can definitly be a pain! But it does sound a lot like something shaking and moving around against something else. Good luck!
thank you! Appreciate it
Old 09-05-2020, 03:19 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm having the same issue! Only had this car 1.5 months but mine started after installing the K&N intake. So there's definitely something loose but every nut and bolt in the kit is as tight as can be. I've checked three times. All lines are setup correctly as well.

My similar sound only heard at low speeds in 2nd or 3rd gear under light throttle. If you speed up it goes away.
Old 09-05-2020, 09:31 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Have you replaced or unbolted anything with gaskets? Intake manifold or throttle body gaskets for example? Also take video of the noise while shutting off the engine thatll help to see if its a vacuum or mechanical noise.
Old 09-06-2020, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Monopoly
I'm having the same issue! Only had this car 1.5 months but mine started after installing the K&N intake. So there's definitely something loose but every nut and bolt in the kit is as tight as can be. I've checked three times. All lines are setup correctly as well.

My similar sound only heard at low speeds in 2nd or 3rd gear under light throttle. If you speed up it goes away.
yes or definitely a hard one to find haha
Old 09-06-2020, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by F1TwoThousand
Have you replaced or unbolted anything with gaskets? Intake manifold or throttle body gaskets for example? Also take video of the noise while shutting off the engine thatll help to see if its a vacuum or mechanical noise.
haven’t replaced intake or throttle body gaskets but I did valve cover gasket not long ago (before the noise even occurred) I can get a video of me shutting it of later today after I drive it.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by luca.s2k
haven’t replaced intake or throttle body gaskets but I did valve cover gasket not long ago (before the noise even occurred) I can get a video of me shutting it of later today after I drive it.
here is a video of the noise and then shutting it off

Quick Reply: Help!! I cant figure this noise out