S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

HELP! Honda not authorizing my warranty repair

Old 01-11-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NEODYMIUM,Jan 11 2006, 01:29 PM
Why would a dealer care if a car has mods on it. Doesn't the cost get passed on to Honda anyway with the dealer getting his cut for labor(assuming car is under factory warranty or whatever warranty)?
First, the original poster hasn't indicated if he's dealing with factory warranty or extended warranty. As we all know, the factory warranty must be honored if the mod doesn't affect the part that went bad. However, if we're talking about extended, then mods do matter.
Sure, in either case, the dealer would get paid to do the work, whether it be factory or extended. In the case of factory warranty work, this all goes into the stats for that dealership and Honda would look upon that dealership with a more discerning eye at the end of the year if any particular dealership had a disproportionate number of repairs for a given vehicle (a black mark, if you will).
Similarly, for an extended warranty, the dealer is acting like a "broker" (not unlike your car insurance broker). For every claim that is honored, that broker gets a "black mark" and this may translate into higher costs and other unknown "punishments". Making a buck doing the warranty repair is not the only consideration for a dealership. There are more things going on than meets the eye.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have about 1/2 year or a little less than 2k miles left on the original factory warranty. I went down to the dealership again today to see what I could do, no luck, and it sounds like Honda already have my engine problem under their documents. Sux that people who has blown their engine gets it fixed under warranty, but not me.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

first, you need to provide us with more information. get it from that damn dealership. i mean seriously, what could they have "documented" considering they told you it's an "autotranny" code.

firstly, find out EXACTLY what code they pulled. P0411 for example, etc. tell us what the code is, and me, xviper, or slowS2k can tell you what the problem and possible solutions are.

secondly, it's a factory warranty. they have to explain how your aftermarket parts would have caused the failure. in other words, take your car to another honda dealership ASAP.

we need more info, or we cannot be of any help to you.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:57 PM

At this point, you don't even know if they pulled the code at all. Do you have a CEL showing? That ticking noise can be almost anything and now that the oil is back up to the proper level, it's not likely a result of oil starvation, although we don't know just how low it got in that 1000 miles (worst case scenario would mean you were down a qt and a 1/2 unless you've got a leak someplace). 1.5 qts down is still not cause for concern.
It could be cam chain tensioner, valve problems from a need for adjustment or valve issue from over-rev. The first two are easy fixes. If it's the last one, then you'll have to take responsibility for that one.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:10 PM

From my last visit to the dealership, the service manager told me it was not an AT code, instead it was a over-rev related code. PO700, something clutch and something is all I could remember. There were no CEL showing on my dash, valves were adjusted around 5k miles ago, and I've never over-rev my car or down-shifted into a wrong gear. I think I'll give it a try and take it to a different dealership. Thanks all!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:17 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Who did you talk to at JEH? Their name please. As I know most of them.

Also there is NO over-rev related codes.

Also get your car to Curt as fast as you can. he will shoot straight on what is wrong. Also say hi to my car while you are there.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Stratocaster,Jan 11 2006, 09:17 PM
Also there is NO over-rev related codes.
There is no P0700 listed in the Helm manual.

something clutch and something is all I could remember. There were no CEL showing on my dash,
A clutch problem would not throw a code. No CEL, huh? It sounds like the pile is getting higher and deeper.

valves were adjusted around 5k miles ago
Maybe they were done badly.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:50 PM

Geez Jeff, your baby is still at Curts? Richard R. was my service consultant, he was the one who told me there was an AT code. I think Jeremy was the name of the service manager. I was planning on taking my car to Curt's tomorrow, now I think I might try another dealership before Curt's.

I highly doubt that the valve adjustment wasn't done right, since the shop that did it is the most reputable shop for Houstooks here.

Thanks everyone for all your inputs!
Old 01-12-2006, 06:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just a thought, but could it be the injectors??
Old 01-12-2006, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Denniz,Jan 11 2006, 07:10 PM
From my last visit to the dealership, the service manager told me it was not an AT code, instead it was a over-rev related code. PO700, something clutch and something is all I could remember. There were no CEL showing on my dash, valves were adjusted around 5k miles ago, and I've never over-rev my car or down-shifted into a wrong gear. I think I'll give it a try and take it to a different dealership. Thanks all!
Sounds like B.S to me.

Quick Reply: HELP! Honda not authorizing my warranty repair