S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

HELP! Honda not authorizing my warranty repair

Old 01-11-2006, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Honda not authorizing my warranty repair

Hi,

I took my S to John Eagle Honda Monday, because it was making this clicking noise in the engine. They told me my engine was low on oil, and wanted to do an oil change to see if anything change. Even though I changed oil a little over a thousand miles ago, I let them did the oil change. Now they're telling me that the clicking noise still exist, plus they've gotten a computer code for an automatic transmission. Honda wouldn't authorize the warranty on my engine problem, they also blame it on my aftermarket intake and the exhaust I had. What should I do? Any inputs about this guys?

Jason
Old 01-11-2006, 07:43 AM

Is it coming from the top...? vtec motors tend to make this noise. If its the bottom your basicly done for . Also i dont even know why a s2k ecu woudl ever give off a autotranny code, it shouldn't even be in ecu since the s2k doesn't share ecu's like the civics acords ect. What intake and exhust do you have on the car?
Old 01-11-2006, 07:48 AM

It is odd that the code that they pulled was regarding an automatic transmission considering S2K never had an auto tranny. Anyhow, you should take a look at the link below. It will give you some good information if you plan on disputing with the dealer's claim that your aftermarket parts caused the problem you have indicated.

http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=50096

Also, if the clicking is coming from the rear of the car (like the axles), I would advise taking a look at the CV joint.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:04 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. The clicking noise sounds like it comes from the top, it comes to a point that I can hear it while driving sometimes too. I had the Amuse Ti single, and I still have Spoon air duct and air filter.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:05 AM

those parts should have nothing to do with your warrenty at all. try another dealer if they are giving you a hard time.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:18 AM

Ticking noises can be caused by the motor pinging (it is usually more than just ticking sound), valves tapping, or valvetrain related issues. As KAY'S recommended, try going to another dealer and see if they are honor the warranty.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:05 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Denniz,Jan 11 2006, 10:14 AM
plus they've gotten a computer code for an automatic transmission
RUN! DON'T WALK to another dealer.

Also, is your factory warranty over? If so, you may be out of luck. With those mods, an extended could be void.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put your stock intake and exhaust back on before rolling into any more dealerships. It's the only chance you have with getting a warrantee honored.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:23 AM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

If they got an auto tranny code, it means they used the wrong protocol.
I'm with Xv, go elsewhere.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:29 AM

Why would a dealer care if a car has mods on it. Doesn't the cost get passed on to Honda anyway with the dealer getting his cut for labor(assuming car is under factory warranty or whatever warranty)?

Quick Reply: HELP! Honda not authorizing my warranty repair