S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

HELP! give it gas but go nowhere HELP!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! give it gas but go nowhere HELP!

i have an 07 s2k just broke 32,000 miles and my clutch gets real hard like its stuck when im bout to start it. once i start it it lossen up. then when im rolling i give it gas and and the speedometer goes up but my car dont go nowhere(is it that my vtec solenoid went out). i can still go into all my gears but it speeds up really slow. i took it to the dealer and they told me i need a new clutch master slave cylinder so i paid around 130$ and let a shop installed it and i still have the problem. is it time for a new clutch or do i have a bigger problem,
Old 12-01-2011, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you mean a tachometer? if it is speedometer, you got other problems. it could be the clutch, but that is way too early for the clutch to go out. i used to a lot of racing, aggressive driving(mountain runs tours) and autox. i changed my clutch at 44K and it was just about time too, barely had any material left. but that is the very extreme side. if all you did was dd, then it might not be the clutch. it was be a shame to replace a good clutch, a waste of time/money.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:11 AM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

If the TACH is going up and the car is not going, you need a clutch. Bad driving habits can wipe a clutch out in 10k miles. I've seen it twice.

Go back to the dealer and demand your money back. They diagnosed, repaired, and they couldnt have been more wrong. They are idiots.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:11 AM

Clutch, master cyl .
Old 12-02-2011, 04:12 PM

i wonder if they sold him the all in one Clutch Master Slave Cylinder lol.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Billman250
If the TACH is going up and the car is not going, you need a clutch. Bad driving habits can wipe a clutch out in 10k miles. I've seen it twice.

Go back to the dealer and demand your money back. They diagnosed, repaired, and they couldnt have been more wrong. They are idiots.
yea when i give it gas my rev limiter goes up real fast but my car speeds up real slow. i dd it and dnt really abuse it only reason i could think my clutch went out is on uphills i only use clutch and gas to keep it still without using the brake.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup sounds like your clutch is out. You are wearing out your clutch alot by not using brake on uphills or at any stop.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:24 AM

what clutch would you guys recommend for me? i was thinking act 4 puck for dd and every now and then punch it on the highway..... and thanks for replying to my post really helps...
Old 12-03-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by tavos2k
Originally Posted by Billman250' timestamp='1322831511' post='21204000

yea when i give it gas my rev limiter goes up real fast but my car speeds up real slow. i dd it and dnt really abuse it only reason i could think my clutch went out is on uphills i only use clutch and gas to keep it still without using the brake.
Yea I would say your clutch is definitely toast. Your flywheel is probably toast too if it's been eating into the rivets of the clutch.

Do you have anything done to the car to really need a 4puck clutch? I would opt for OEM replacement to be honest with ya. Clutches are mad expensive for this car... especially the throwout bearing. The t/o bearing for the S cost 40 bucks more than an entire clutch kit for my jeep and double the clutch kit for my hyundai.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i dd it and dnt really abuse it only reason i could think my clutch went out is on uphills i only use clutch and gas to keep it still without using the brake.

what clutch would you guys recommend for me? i was thinking act 4 puck for dd and every now and then punch it on the highway..... and thanks for replying to my post really helps...
Get an OEM clutch and learn good driving habits. Maybe an ACT pressure plate.

Best save up...an OEM clutch job is going to exceed a thousand dollars with a throwout bearing and resurface on the flyhweel...both of which you will need. Labor alone is $800+.

I really would not advise you do the whole "buddy hook-up thing" for a discount as a discussion over who broke the knock sensor won't go well. Any shop you take it to...warn them about the knock sensor. If they break it, your car will be out of commission for a while while they're getting that part.

The S has a good clutch. There are people here with over 100K on theirs. Mine has 80K and I'm supercharged. It does not stand up to abuse, though...and yes, you abused your clutch...massively.

Quick Reply: HELP! give it gas but go nowhere HELP!