S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

HELP: Bent Radiator Support & Other Damage

Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kc's,Feb 28 2010, 08:40 PM
I know this is a bit old but this is exactly what happened to me. I can't find the diagram you have up there anywhere..Im looking at majestic honda but dont know what section this is under. Can you help me with the link to where you found it? Thanks!

also, any tips on how to go about this? Someone on here said it might be better to get the supports straightened out by a body shop. Wondering if thats what you did after all.
I believe the diagram is under "Front Bulkhead" or something to that extent. The car has been fixed for the most part, but my caster is wayyy off.

After putting my car back together with new parts, I put the car back on the alignment rack.

History:
The car had a collision on the front right passenger side causing the alignment to go out of whack so following components were replaced:

Upper Control Arm (used)
Lower Control Arm (used)
Outer Tie Rod (new)
Strut (used)
Passenger Side Sway Bar End Link (new)

After the alignment, the car is posting:

Front Left Caster: +5.5
Front Right Caster: -3.1

The only components left to replace are the knuckle and sway bar. The car drives fine, minus pulling to the right side due to the caster. Also, the right wheel is easily seen to be "off centered" for the lack of a better word in the wheel well.

Where should I go from here? Should I just go ahead and order a new knuckle and sway, then see what comes up on the alignment?
Old 06-02-2011, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUMP: Just wanted to bump the thread to get more input so I finally get her back 100%!

Car drives, but the suspension makes popping noises from the front right when reversing and taking off.

After putting the car back together with new parts, I put the car back on the alignment rack.

History:
The car had a collision on the front right passenger side causing the alignment to go out of whack so following components were replaced:
Pictures of the damage are posted below.

FR Upper Control Arm (used)
FR Lower Control Arm (used)
FR Outer Tie Rod (new)
FR Strut (used)
FR Passenger Side Sway Bar End Link (new)
FR Radiator Mount
Radiator
A/C Condensor
Radiator Bracket
Hood latch

After the alignment, the car is posting:

Front Left Caster: +5.5
Front Right Caster: -3.1

The only components left to replace are the knuckle and sway bar. The car drives fine, minus pulling to the right side due to the caster. Also, the right wheel is easily seen to be off centered in the wheel well due to the excessive negative caster. Where should I go from here? Should I just go ahead and order a new knuckle and sway, then see what comes up on the alignment?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any luck with getting that caster back into spec? Because that would make sense if a bent knuckle/hub assembly was throwing it off, but I'm curious to see if that was your last issue. And as for the popping noises, did you check your upper a-arm mounts?