S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help BC stage 2 cam install

Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help BC stage 2 cam install

I am having trouble with these cams while trying to turn the crank to set the TDC for cylinder 2,3, and 4. Whenever I turn the crank, I get to a point where there is too much resistance to keep turning it and when I let go the crank bounces back a bit. Is there something I have done wrong? I made sure that they were seated the same way as the stock ones when putting them in so the marks line up as they should for cylinder 1 TDC. I would really appreciate some answer to this, thanks.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

You're fighting the valve springs against the cam. The only thing to make it easier is to back off the rockers and adjust them from cylinder 1. Pulling the plugs will help.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:36 PM

Yea I pulled the plugs and made sure that the whole assembly was put together like it should be and also made sure that both cams were set in the same as when the stock ones were in so that the teeth of the gears match up accordingly. So what you are saying is that I should loosen the rockers so they don't push on the valvesprings as much and then re-adjust all of the valves again afterwards?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by NAftw
Yea I pulled the plugs and made sure that the whole assembly was put together like it should be and also made sure that both cams were set in the same as when the stock ones were in so that the teeth of the gears match up accordingly. So what you are saying is that I should loosen the rockers so they don't push on the valvesprings as much and then re-adjust all of the valves again afterwards?
Yes thats what you should do. Loosen the rockers and re-adjust. Remember you have different cam profiles now.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:16 AM

Ok so i completely loosened the rockers and when i turn the crank clockwise or counterclockwise there is still a point where it gets too tough and the cams and crank still bounce back. Is there anything else it could be without being an install error? I am so sure they were installed correctly. And i appreciate the help so far thanks.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:18 PM

I apologize i realized what my problem was and it was a stupid one. Thanks for even responding with helpful info though. But cams are fine and car runs well with them.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, what was your problem?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:29 PM

I would really rather not say. This thread should just be closed out whenever possible.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NAftw
I would really rather not say. This thread should just be closed out whenever possible.
C'mon, don't leave us hanging!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:43 PM

Someone left the car in gear. And when i say someone i mean me.

Quick Reply: Help BC stage 2 cam install