S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Heater doesnt work

Old 05-25-2013, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heater doesnt work

Hey guys

Its not even winter over in australia and the temperature has drop to a level thats unbareable for me. The worst bit is my heater does not work at all. . I got my local mech to inspect it and he tells me that the valve module for the aircon control is not working. I gave that a test and he was right so i assumed i needed to replace that valve module and that will be all that needs to be done. I tried adjusting it to the open position (forward or backwards i don't remember but i have tried both ways) and the air coming out is still on the coldest setting. I can't find any reason why my heater is not working as i never have any problems with the car over heating but the car does has a non factory radiator the oem one cracked at some point of its life (before i owned it). Any help or suggestion which direction to go would be appreciated as i have fairly weak immune system and would hate to catch a cold from simply driving the car with air con just to defog my windscreen.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-25-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you talking about the valve in the engine bay near the exhaust manifold next to the firewall there? Because there is a valve the that runs out of the firewall. When you adjust your temp Knob inside the car it moves to allow the temp change. check that out first unless that's what your already talking about. Lmk
Old 05-25-2013, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Jew
Are you talking about the valve in the engine bay near the exhaust manifold next to the firewall there? Because there is a valve the that runs out of the firewall. When you adjust your temp Knob inside the car it moves to allow the temp change. check that out first unless that's what your already talking about. Lmk
yeah, theres a lock that hold in in place and you can pull the valve forward or backwards infront of the passenger firewall, the heater control valve if i remember thats the name of the part is call, im guessing mines fauly as it doesn't move at all when i adjust the knob. I already read into that and my mech inspected and said it was faulty but adjusting the valve it self manually does not change the temperature at all. I did a bit more reading/research and it maybe the car has air pockets in the coolant as it that seems to be hard to bleed the system.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:37 PM

Received 1,398 Likes on 837 Posts

If the valve is working, and you have hot coolant in the heater core, the only thing left keeping you from getting hot air is the blend-door in the heater box.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I probably should of asked if you had done any Previous work to the cooling system. .. air in the system would cause you to have no heat. If anyone knows billman does but it's always good to have a factory service manual handy good luck
Old 05-26-2013, 08:24 AM

i dont think im getting any hot coolant into the heater core. Im guessing the metal pipe next to valve is the one that directs it into the aircon system and when i feel it its always very cold. My heater valve doesnt work unless i move it by hand and nothing change even if i push the valve from open to close and vice versa it just stays cold.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:55 AM

Hey
i have decided to fix the heater valve first? Is there any way of doing without removing the dash?
Cheers
Old 06-21-2013, 08:18 PM

Thought ill continue my problems through this thread

Well i tried to bleed any air out of the system and im positive theres no air in the system and coolant is definitely running to the heater. Im guessing its a bad heater core than. Any idea how to remove it without pulling apart the dash?
Old 06-22-2013, 04:20 AM

Received 1,398 Likes on 837 Posts

I doubt your heater core is bad. The s2k cooling system is too clean to clog up.

I'll say it again...blend door.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What Bill said.

Air is not making it from the heater core to the cabin. There is a door that is servo driven to mix hot air from the heater box with cooler air before blowing into the cabin.

Quick Reply: Heater doesnt work