S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Headlight Problems

Old 08-06-2006, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Problems

***I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not. If not, please move to the correct forum***

Recently I have been having problems with my driver side headlight. It originally started a while back where I would turn on the headlights and only the passenger side would come on. I would then turn them off and back on and both would come back on no problem.

This started to happen more frequently. Then after a while of driving the light would just turn off. I would then turn the lights off and on and it would come back on for a short period of time, and then the same thing.

After a while when I would turn them on, the driver side would flicker some and come on in a light purple color. This did this for about 2 weeks.

Now, when I turn the headlights on, the driver side doesn't light up at all. I've turned it on and off multiple times and nothing happens.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to look into to fix this??

I know it seems pretty obvious to think the bulb, but the bulb was working intermittently.

Any help is much appreciated!!
Old 08-06-2006, 08:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best thing to do is take to a Honda dealership, could just be an electrical problem.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:24 AM

This is very similar to what happened to me.

Your first instinct was correct, replace the bulb.

I can't explain it but something with how the hid's function cause them to sometimes flicker.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Amer,Aug 6 2006, 12:23 PM
Best thing to do is take to a Honda dealership, could just be an electrical problem.
Yeah, I'm trying to avoid the dealership as I know they can charge an arm and a leg.

Was looking to see if it was something that someone could distinctly say...."oh, well the problem is this...." before I brought it to the dealer.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:41 AM

try switching the bulb on passenger side. see if that solves the problems. it's most likely problem cuz from either bulb or ballasta
Old 08-06-2006, 10:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like a typical hid bulb going out...just replace it. It's about the time 00's are going to start going out
Old 08-06-2006, 04:43 PM

I had the exact same problem recently on MY01.....it is definetely the bulb...i had the purple light as well. however it is about $189 for a HID bulb from honda(pretty expensive in my book).... and sorta hard to replace, you have to remove the plastic surrounding the wheel well...takes about an hour.

good luck..pm me for any q's
Old 08-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Banned

i believe its your battery.... as you leave your battery exposed to the sunlight i heard it does soemthing bad... dont really know man i had a dodge neon where i put my a/c on and the car kept dieing, i brought it to a dealership he said my car needed new batteries after that it was fine... these minor problems often happen to a 4 cyclinder car he said.. anyways gl go to a cheap body shop screw dealership, unless you really want too.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2HEATY,Aug 6 2006, 11:53 PM
i believe its your battery.... as you leave your battery exposed to the sunlight i heard it does soemthing bad... dont really know man i had a dodge neon where i put my a/c on and the car kept dieing, i brought it to a dealership he said my car needed new batteries after that it was fine... these minor problems often happen to a 4 cyclinder car he said.. anyways gl go to a cheap body shop screw dealership, unless you really want too.
WHAT??? Dude what are you talking about?

1. you are comparing a neon to an S.
2. how would the battery only affect one hedlight and not the rest of the car??
3. tell that mechanic to get re-certified
Old 08-07-2006, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here ya go, OEM capsules cheap. I get all my capsules from this seller, never a problem:

HID capsules CHEAP OEM

Quick Reply: Headlight Problems