S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Are Headers worth the $????

Old 01-31-2004, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Headers worth the $????

Well, i was going to buy AeM cold air intake and Amuse header this summer. But i am debating on weather header are worth the $.
I know we don't get much of a gain from any mods except for FI, but i just want some opions/other point of veiws to see if headers are worth the money????
i am pretty sure i will get the CAI just for the sound and little gain
lets hear the opions
Old 01-31-2004, 08:25 PM

If you be havin the dineros, then go for it. It's true, you will get 4-5 peak hp, but the gains to be had at mid range are respectable.

If you want sound, go with a good cat back exhaust system. A cat back will yield you about 4 -5 hp. Combined with the cai, you will get what your looking for.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:35 PM

the only headers out there that provide great gains are the toda, amuse and spoon headers. others(like dc sport) are utter crap.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:29 AM

i love my RS-R header. the header made a big difference for me with the overall feel and performance of the car. also, it made my exhaust drone less, and sound better than it already did. and i really liked the way the exhaust sounded before the header!
Old 02-01-2004, 01:53 AM

It's probably a hit-or-miss proposition. You probably won't know if the investment is worth to you until you install the headers and test. What I'm getting at is that some headers boost power at the mid range while others boost the bottom end at the expense of the top end. Usually, you don't get a gain without a sacrifice at somewhere else in the powerband. That's not to say that's it's impossible to make a gain without a sacrifice, but it IS difficult to do. Probably, your best bet is a 4 into 2 into 1 system. Do your homework and you'll be pleased. Consider that the F20C engine is already at the extreme edge of performance/reliability and you can go from there. That's not to say that there is no more performance to be had, but it's difficult to achieve higher performance without sacrificing reliability. It's a balancing act. It should be no suprise to you that if you increase HP on this engine, you expose another weak link such as the clutch and/or differential. Take these things into consideration. You rarely get something for nothing.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by djkojione
i love my RS-R header.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:34 AM

Spend your money on something else, as, at best, you will only see 2 - 3 HP gain, which translates into zero performance gain on the road. Headers are probably a great option if you've done head work, or are supercharged, but without that, the stock header is matched to the flow rate of the stock head. They look nice though.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the right combo of I/H/E. I've seen jdm I/H/E combos make 0-4 hp up top and that's it. Mix in VAFC then it's a different story.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RazorV3
the only headers out there that provide great gains are the toda, amuse and spoon headers.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tenblade2001

Quick Reply: Are Headers worth the $????