S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Which Headers produce the most PEAK power?

Old 07-17-2002, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Headers produce the most PEAK power?

I understand that the Mugen Headers provide emphasis on Mid-Range, which is excellent for street driving...and the Spoon Headers on High End Power...I am leaning towards the Spoon Headers....just my personal preference...

I been trying to search dyno figures for the Spoon Headers, but alas to no luck..
I understood that Mingster had dyno graphs of both the Mugen and Spoon Headers before but took them down because someone was using the graphs to make profits... so that sucks...but fair enough!

So yeah, if anyone has any insight experience with the Spoon headers please share them here...Other header info also appreciated especially if they made differences in peak power...

I've already read lots of posts about the Mugens... Thanks for all those who shared the info!

P.S Please no "Mugen is Better Than Spoon(or vice versa arguments here)"
Old 07-17-2002, 07:53 AM

How about the DC header?
How does it compare to the others?
Old 07-17-2002, 08:38 AM

Be on the lookout as well that Spoon has TWO headers available. The "old" design was the one with the peak power because it was a 4 into 1 design. The "new" one is designed for more mid range 4-2-1. Dont know if they still sell the original design.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:44 AM

I dun think they sell 4-1 header for S2000.......I have been trying so hard to find a 4-1 header but no luck at all......did u guys check out the HKS 4-1 racing header where they put in the Amuse S2000?
Old 07-17-2002, 09:03 AM

The comptech header is 4-1, you can find a picture, and price on this page.

http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/header13.html
Old 07-17-2002, 09:12 AM

Jenner, are you using the Hondata ecu?is it good?
Old 07-17-2002, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by chungtaho0918
Jenner, are you using the Hondata ecu?is it good?
ECU? No, I only have the intake manifold insulator gasket. No point in buying any ECU for my car since I am getting the Vortech supercharger kit.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:14 PM

o icic.....^^ thanx anyways
Old 07-17-2002, 09:17 PM

Spoon dont sell the 4-1 anymore!
Damn shame...
Id I have to settle for one that gives mid-range poke looks like I have to settle for Mugen...
Old 07-18-2002, 08:58 AM

maybe my eyes are going bad, but did i read someone say spoon made 2 header designs? when did spoon make two different exhaust manifold (header) for the S?! i sell the damn things for the past 2 and half years and i've never heard of that, where do you get these info?!

also on the comptech: that long 4 to 2, and the very short "one" collector looks a lot like a 4-2 design to my eyes, it may end up being from 4 to 1, but the process of getting there doesn't look like a typical 4-1 design. just my 2 cents on that. also it looks somewhat similar to MG Racing's original header design (we're talking 2+ years old stuff when we were all struggling to figure the car out). rumor had it that type of design made good low end torque but suffered at the top. Greg Stevens was the only one who ever dynoed the header, but he never publicly disclosed the numbers nor the chart (that i'm aware of), but i haven't seen too many of them around.

spoon's header is designed for (small) peak power gain, but good post-peak power curve (the power curve doesn't drop like a stone after 8300 RPMs) for obvious reasons. i don't have the dyno charts anymore, but we (import development) were the only company that i know of who did back to back dyno testing on stock vs. spoon vs. mugen header(s) in one day. spoon's header also smoothed out the VTEC transition (improvements in the mid-range) on our charts. the chart was posted 2 years ago and was widely discussed and argued about, after i pulled the charts the web server hosting our files crashed and we lost the files. maybe someone still has it?

DC header: well...let's not talk about that.

Quick Reply: Which Headers produce the most PEAK power?