S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Header and CAI Suggestions Needed

Old 05-20-2003, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header and CAI Suggestions Needed

I have decided to put in a new intake and headers here in the next few weeks. I was wondering if anyone could suggest brands or whatnot, or the best combo, and possible power gains wtih that combo, thanks
Old 05-20-2003, 07:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe you should include something a bit more specific. There are alot of brands and types of intakes available (AEM, Injen, 4-IG, Comptech, Spoon/Mugen/J's Snorkel types, and etc etc). There are a couple of hearders available (Toda, Mugen, Amuse, DC Sports, and etc etc). Hope that helps. Talk to our sponsors, they can get you hooked up with what you want for a great price too.

-Johnny
Old 05-20-2003, 09:57 PM

I've got the spoon headers, as many members on this board do, and I absolutely love it... though there are many other things to consider in this choice.. I recently learned that many headers need ecu tuning to run correctly... In my case, the spoon header is running a tad rich... I can smell it while driving... a VAFC would be a good idea with the spoon headers, but not mandatory... It's not hurting my engine, but it's not running as efficiently as I would like it to... As for intake, I've chosen the spoon duct and 70.1 mm throttle body... I like it very much, but many go with aem/injen style CAIs... It's all a matter of preference... do a search... there have been many threads like this...
Old 05-20-2003, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by 2003spa2000
I've got the spoon headers, as many members on this board do, and I absolutely love it... though there are many other things to consider in this choice.. I recently learned that many headers need ecu tuning to run correctly... In my case, the spoon header is running a tad rich... I can smell it while driving... a VAFC would be a good idea with the spoon headers, but not mandatory... It's not hurting my engine, but it's not running as efficiently as I would like it to... As for intake, I've chosen the spoon duct and 70.1 mm throttle body... I like it very much, but many go with aem/injen style CAIs... It's all a matter of preference... do a search... there have been many threads like this...
You hit the nail on the head. Without ECU tuning, the car will not be as effecient as possible
Old 05-21-2003, 05:35 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

You should ask UL which headers and intake make the most power. He has dynoed dozens of combinations.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:27 PM

get the 4-IG intake....ive got it....costs half the price of the AEM and puts out just as much power.....
Old 05-21-2003, 08:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing preventing me from purchasing a Comptech SC is the sound of the PRM Intake (and $2K).
Old 05-21-2003, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the 4-IG intake, and a TODA header.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:58 PM

Thanks Doc, I learned it from one of your recent posts.... I could smell it, but didn't give it much thought...
Old 05-21-2003, 11:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends how much you want to spend but as for intakes get the J's or Mugen.

Quick Reply: Header and CAI Suggestions Needed