S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

head problem help

Old 12-01-2005, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head problem help

Well this is the story.

I have had my s2k for about 2 months now and loved it, i got it certified used from the dealer ship and got all the extended warranty then the problems started comming in. First my 5th and 6th syncros went out so i took it back in and after a little bit of trouble they fixed it and had me on my way. Well had it for a week or so and i noticed that it was kinda idling a little rougher than usual and stayed at 1000 but it had idled at 1000 sense they day i purchased it dont know if thats normal or not but anyway i kinda thought it was strange. So I decided to check my oil and it was in between the low and nothing! So i took to honda and said its kinda seems like its running rough and i'm way low on oil and its not due for a change for another 3000 miles he told me that it was normal on these high compression motors. I was thinking bs but i just went a head and put a qt of oil in it. Still ran a strange then 2 days later it was getting worse and my check engine light started blinking and when i came to idle it was horrible the car was shaking barley staying alive. so i pulled over checked the oil again and i was lower than b4 i added the oil. Drove it the rest of the way home and brought it to honda the next day in the morning, died 2 times on the way up there so i finally had to keep some gas on it at idle until i got there. So they couldn't figure out whats wrong with it and say they need permission to pull the block apart and find out was wrong but if there was any misuse that ill have to pay for them pulling it apart and the rental they gave me i told them that thats fine and went on my way. So 6 days later they said its not under warranty and that it was caused buy a mishift?!?!?! they said my valve guides were cracked and some other bs with the head. Witch kinda sounds right from the sympthoms but the thing is it never had been mishifted. i'm curious to know weather or not it could have been sold to me with mabe some damage already done to the head and didn't finally drop the valve until now. Second thing is when i was purchasing the extended warranty he told me that it covered everything to the motor as long as there was no modifications so i'm thinking ok and i spacificaly asked him if i were to mishift and bend all my valves would it be cover and he said yes so i just went a head and signed the papers. The whole thing was on video type so is there anyway i can use that to my advantage trying to get it covered. Sorry about the big block of text but i could really use the help i think i'm gettin screwed.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:06 PM

HELP ME
Old 12-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 318 Posts

Please edit your post with some capitalization, and punctuation. I can't get past the 3rd sentence without getting a headache.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by polishprinze,Dec 1 2005, 05:23 PM
Second thing is when i was purchasing the extended warranty he told me that it covered everything to the motor as long as there was no modifications so i'm thinking ok and i spacificaly asked him if i were to mishift and bend all my valves would it be cover and he said yes so i just went a head and signed the papers. The whole thing was on video type so is there anyway i can use that to my advantage trying to get it covered.
use it! if he said it and it's on tape, it's all on him. they WILL cover the charges if it was on tape that he said it's covered. either honda (most likely not) or the dealer (most likely) will pay for it. if they dont pay for it, take them to court.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:43 PM

Hey man im new on the forum but have dealed with honda before because they denied something upon an inspection of a type r, the car has been abused more than normal and they never said anything and said it was fine besdies an oil leak, after buying the car based on them saying its good, my mechanic checked it after i realized i didnt check it out enough and said the tranny was going and all this crap..which it was,so after contacting honda they said pretty much"deal with it sorry even tho they admitted not checking the car" so we did a small claims court and won the lost money and were able to return the car..but im sure if you tried small claims ($3000 and under ) would easily pay for head work/rebuild against that dealership..if your interested at all send me a PM or email (carpartsdirect21@hotmail.com)..and your video would almost destroy honda in court, mine did and find some other places to quote you..possibly other dealers or shops that are reputable