S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Have you guys check out the new Import Tuner?

Old 04-01-2004, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that. $800:

AEM CAI
Zex Wet 55 shot.

....and its a whole shitload faster than a S w/I/H/E
Old 04-01-2004, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by oshp515
if you do any power mods besides Mugen you are wasting your money....i had the toda header, now have mugen, and it is nothing compared to the mugen just to give you an example....mugen is the only way to go for any honda cause their stuff is made in conjuction with honda AND MOST IMPORTANTLY it is made to take the car in the direction honda intended...if you don't believe me then oh well, you lose and i win....and yes i have all the mugen power mods and my car flies

That is a very ignorant reply. Why should I waste 1k on a stupid intake?? I am perfectly happy with my 300 dollar Comptech that most likely has similar gains.

Funny that I have only Spugen exhaust and Comptech intake on my car, and I bet it's actually faster in a straight line then a Mugen'd out car.

And saying its the best for any Honda.... very stupid. The best headers for any B series motor go to Hytech, NR-G, and a few others. Mugen is just "pretty."

Oh well, I'll stick to my cheap stuff and be happy with what I have. I'm sure if I could afford the stuff, I probably wouldn't still buy it. But, Mugen cosmetic stuff......drool..
Old 04-05-2004, 08:43 AM

the only thing i like from mugen is there wheels...
Old 04-05-2004, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by oshp515
if you do any power mods besides Mugen you are wasting your money....i had the toda header, now have mugen, and it is nothing compared to the mugen just to give you an example....mugen is the only way to go for any honda cause their stuff is made in conjuction with honda AND MOST IMPORTANTLY it is made to take the car in the direction honda intended...if you don't believe me then oh well, you lose and i win....and yes i have all the mugen power mods and my car flies
This is a bold statement. I can say first hand since I owned about 5 different intakes that the J's CAI seemed like it netted the most hp. I am running the Mugen CAI with Mugen SS front bumper and must say the car feels just as peppy as with any of the other intakes I have had. I had Comptech, AEM, Js Racing, Mugen, Spoon airduct, and PRM. Anyway most of Mugen engine mods will only net you a minimal gain if that. They are made very well thus the very high premium. But I would go so far as to say the Spoon airduct with airfilter would/should net you just as much hp as lets say just the Mugen CAI (1-4hp). Thats just my opinion having had both.