S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Has anyone run 06+ injectors on a 00-05?

Old 04-04-2011, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anyone run 06+ injectors on a 00-05?

So, the story goes...

I bought a set of injectors from a forum member. IIRC, they were supposedly from an 03. I sent them to be cleaned and received them this past weekend. I installed them and the car runs great, much better than before. My CEL for random misfire is gone, and the car doesn't have a bumpy idle anymore. I ran the car for a second before resetting the ECU. The car ran great before and after the ECU reset. I haven't had a chance to put a wideband on it yet, but I plan to.

The dilemma is...

These injectors were flow tested at 270cc +/-1cc at 43psi of pressure. The company that I sent them to reports that 00-05 are ~360cc and 06+ are 290cc-315cc. So, the injectors I have clearly don't line up with either. Also, in my experience with 240sx's, if you put the wrong size injector in, the car runs like shit. My car runs way better than it did. The only real thought that makes the numbers line up is that the injectors were flow tested at 32psi. Using the multiple from 32/43, a 360cc injector would flow 267cc. All of mine were right around that, and there are also some decimals on the end of the 32 and the 43 that I don't care to make significant.

So, I was just curious if anybody had run an injector by accident or on purpose, or whatever the case may be so I can have an idea of if my car would run great on injectors that are 100cc too small. Common sense and previous experiences tell me no, but I have been mistaken before...
Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 PM

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,545 Posts

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
So, the story goes...

I bought a set of injectors from a forum member. IIRC, they were supposedly from an 03. I sent them to be cleaned and received them this past weekend. I installed them and the car runs great, much better than before. My CEL for random misfire is gone, and the car doesn't have a bumpy idle anymore. I ran the car for a second before resetting the ECU. The car ran great before and after the ECU reset. I haven't had a chance to put a wideband on it yet, but I plan to.

The dilemma is...

These injectors were flow tested at 270cc +/-1cc at 43psi of pressure. The company that I sent them to reports that 00-05 are ~360cc and 06+ are 290cc-315cc. So, the injectors I have clearly don't line up with either. Also, in my experience with 240sx's, if you put the wrong size injector in, the car runs like shit. My car runs way better than it did. The only real thought that makes the numbers line up is that the injectors were flow tested at 32psi. Using the multiple from 32/43, a 360cc injector would flow 267cc. All of mine were right around that, and there are also some decimals on the end of the 32 and the 43 that I don't care to make significant.

So, I was just curious if anybody had run an injector by accident or on purpose, or whatever the case may be so I can have an idea of if my car would run great on injectors that are 100cc too small. Common sense and previous experiences tell me no, but I have been mistaken before...

don't sweat it, if you have ap1 injectors that were professionally cleaned then you are running proper flowing injectors for your car. There is too much error in what people report on specs for our injectors. Plus ratings are all based on different fuel pressures, I don't think the pressures necessarily match between how Honda measures them and how injector shops measure them. The increase in flow may not be linear as pressure rises either, making it harder to estimate by a linear equation - just a guess. 06+ injectors won't run in an ap1, they are totally different injectors in terms of fitment and performance. If you were running injectors that were that far off, you'd know it by now.