S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

had a CEL.. what could have happen?

Old 12-30-2007, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rnye,Dec 29 2007, 06:09 PM
Edited:

Hi guys, firstly, good morning. I want to share my problem in hopes that you can help:

I had my car's oil and transmission fluid changed. After that I checked for loose bolts so we can fix all of them. Also, I had my J's Racing intake fixed because the snorkel wasnt properly aligned.

Then I took the S2000 for a carwash and two hours later I took the car from the carwash and drove it for about an 1 hour (200kms away from my home). I notcied that my idle when went up when sitting in traffic. My normal idle is about 850-950rpm, and because I have an Apexi' RSM (rev/speedmeter, like VAFC)I could see it wen up to 1500-1700rpm. I hit the "mute" button so I could the car idling and there was a popping sound coming from the speaker...

So now I thought it was only a little short on my wiring so I continued driving but when I was at the freeway the car felt really sluggish like there is hinderance around 4k-5k rpm.

I was nervous of what it could be so I started driving really slowly monitoring everything on my car: Oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, fuel pressure and battery voltage. (The car has Defi gauges)

While driving slowly I noticed the temp gauge from the stcok cluster of the car went down from 3 bars to 2 bars then 1 bar.. but when I looked at my Defi gauge it was reading 190f, so now I'm thinking my car is messed up.

By this time I was very close to the exit for our Honda service center. So I took the exit and turned off the car. When I restarted the car the Check Engine Light came on, but the car started normaly (CEL on). I drove for 1km to our service center.

They checked the car, reset the ecu by removing the neg on the baterry and the CEL is still there and it was really hard to start the car. It does start but he the RPMs will just shoot up to 4500rpm all by itself with out giving it any gas.

Also, the stock temp gauge is still at 1 bar even though my Defi gauge is reading 190f...

I'm really worried about my car guys. Do you think its mechanical? Electrical? Any advice is appreciated.
thanks so much for editing my post. i also would like to apologize to all the guys who tried reading my post.. i was really sleepy when i posted the topic it was 8am here in the philippines and i still havent slept. i was really worried and decided to post first before i slept so when i woke up i can get advices from you guys. i didnt get the time to checked the spelling of my post im really really sorry guys!!!

and also i didnt have an engine wash just a simple car wash exterior wash only. so how can the coilpacks get wet sir?????? thanks!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:30 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pinoyk20,Dec 30 2007, 04:37 AM
thanks so much for editing my post. i also would like to apologize to all the guys who tried reading my post.

I think the first thing is to get the CEL code...without knowing the code it is going to be nearly impossible to diagnose, unfortunately.

Just to check...your hood...from the thumbnail pic of your car, I can't tell if it is stock painted black or if it is aftermarket. If it is aftermarket...is it vented? Where are the vents...that might help determine what parts under the hood might have gotten wet.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by negcamber,Dec 30 2007, 06:30 AM

I think the first thing is to get the CEL code...without knowing the code it is going to be nearly impossible to diagnose, unfortunately.

Just to check...your hood...from the thumbnail pic of your car, I can't tell if it is stock painted black or if it is aftermarket. If it is aftermarket...is it vented? Where are the vents...that might help determine what parts under the hood might have gotten wet.
its a vented carbon fiber hood. j's racing old model..two vents on front .
Old 12-30-2007, 06:38 PM

ithe car will be trailerd to the shop by january 2 to checked the problem... oh boy i cant wait to get my car running again!