S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

had a CEL.. what could have happen?

Old 12-29-2007, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had a CEL.. what could have happen?

hi guys !! good morning firstly i want to share you my problem.. si heres my story .. i had my car oil changed then also the tranny oil change and engine. then after i had it checked for loose bolts so we can fix all of them right after i had my j's racing intake fix because the snorkel wasnt properly aligned then had a carwash after two hours i got the car from the carwash and drove it for about 1 hour going to my friends party about 200kms away from my home im halfway already when i noticed that my idle when i was on traffic went up... my normal is about 850-950 plus coz i have a apexi rsm but it wnet up to 1500-1700.. then i tried listening to the sound of the idle so i had to put my car stereo to mute mode when ever i push the mute button there was a popping sound comming from the speaker.... so i thought it was only a litlle short on my wiring so i continued driving but when i was at the freeway the car felt really slugish like there is hindrance on 4k-5k rpm so i was nervous of what it could be then started driving really slowly monitoring everything on my car oill pressure,oiltemp,watertemp and fuel pressure also batery voltage.. oh by the way i have aftermarket gauges installed DEFI. then while driving slow i noticed my water temp gauge from the stcok cluster of the car went down from 3 bars. then 2 bars then 1 bar.. but when i looked at my defi gauge the reading is 190f on the link and below 90c on the gauge but on the stock gauge its 1 bar so i said to my sell sh#t my car fuc#$ed up.. then it was very timely that i was very close to the toll exit which is near our honda service center. so i went to the exit turn off the car. and then tried to tun it on then the CEL pops. but the car started normaly still it has CEL the i drove for like 1km to our service center checked the car reset the ecu by removing the neg on the baterry then the cel is still there plus it was really hard to start the car.. it will start athe the rpm will just shoot up to 4500rpm all by it self with out me stepping on the gas..... and the temp gauge thing is still there still at 1 bar even thouh my DEFI is reading 190f... i really really worried guys what could be wrong with my car???? you think the engine is damge?? or is it a sensor or wiring problem?? thanks so mcuh!! oh by the way i had the car wire tucked. thanks so much guys!!! pls hep me!
Old 12-29-2007, 03:16 PM

IBTL

there is no way you can expect someone to understand any of that. Use a spell checker and re-read what you wrote and then try again bud.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by pinoyk20,Dec 29 2007, 03:48 PM
hi guys !!

oh by the way i had the car wire tucked.
im thinking u got wire probs. fo sure.. uneed to look deep into that.

go0d luc!
Old 12-29-2007, 03:24 PM

Hi pinoyk20

I had a hard time understanding your post, I stopped reading about 1/2 through

There is no Philippene forum here, but you may have luck posting in the Japanese forum.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=100

Old 12-29-2007, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by s2kobsession,Dec 29 2007, 04:16 PM
IBTL

there is no way you can expect someone to understand any of that. Use a spell checker and re-read what you wrote and then try again bud.
same IBTL

it was so painful to read the first sentence that I had to stop.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:41 PM

How do you expect us to answer when we can't understand the problem? I quit after the first three lines.

IBTL
Old 12-29-2007, 04:50 PM

He's from the Philippines guys.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=pinoyk20,Dec 29 2007, 05:48 PM] hi guys !! good morning firstly i want to share you my probel.. si heres my story .. iahd my car oil changed then also the tranny oil change and engine. then after i had it cchecked for loose bolts so we can fix all of them right after i had my j's racing intake fix because the snorkel wasnt properly algined then had acarwash after two hours i got the car from the carwash and
Old 12-29-2007, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by rnye,Dec 29 2007, 09:09 PM
Edited:

Hi guys, firstly, good morning. I want to share my problem in hopes that you can help:

I had my car's oil and transmission fluid changed. After that I checked for loose bolts so we can fix all of them. Also, I had my J's Racing intake fixed because the snorkel wasnt properly aligned.

Then I took the S2000 for a carwash and two hours later I took the car from the carwash and drove it for about an 1 hour (200kms away from my home). I notcied that my idle when went up when sitting in traffic. My normal idle is about 850-950rpm, and because I have an Apexi' RSM (rev/speedmeter, like VAFC)I could see it wen up to 1500-1700rpm. I hit the "mute" button so I could the car idling and there was a popping sound coming from the speaker...

So now I thought it was only a little short on my wiring so I continued driving but when I was at the freeway the car felt really sluggish like there is hinderance around 4k-5k rpm.

I was nervous of what it could be so I started driving really slowly monitoring everything on my car: Oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, fuel pressure and battery voltage. (The car has Defi gauges)

While driving slowly I noticed the temp gauge from the stcok cluster of the car went down from 3 bars to 2 bars then 1 bar.. but when I looked at my Defi gauge it was reading 190f, so now I'm thinking my car is messed up.

By this time I was very close to the exit for our Honda service center. So I took the exit and turned off the car. When I restarted the car the Check Engine Light came on, but the car started normaly (CEL on). I drove for 1km to our service center.

They checked the car, reset the ecu by removing the neg on the baterry and the CEL is still there and it was really hard to start the car. It does start but he the RPMs will just shoot up to 4500rpm all by itself with out giving it any gas.

Also, the stock temp gauge is still at 1 bar even though my Defi gauge is reading 190f...

I'm really worried about my car guys. Do you think its mechanical? Electrical? Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

OP, I can only guess, but I suspect that the coil packs (on top of the spark plugs) got wet when the car was washed, and that the water is shorting the high voltage to ground, causing a misfire. If this is the case, you will probably read a misfire code when you attach a code scanner.

The first step in nailing the problem down when there is a CEL is to read the code, and if possible, that's what you need to do. OR, you might just try making sure that the coil packs are dry, clearing the code, and seeing if the problem(s) go away.

DO NOT drive the car if the CEL is flashing.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:21 PM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

step 1, get the CEL code...

then yada yada yada...

Quick Reply: had a CEL.. what could have happen?