S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Had car for 3k miles and already a problem.....Misfire

Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would NEVER trust my car to the dealership.. unless I had no other choice.. They will screw up more than they will fix %90 of the time.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:34 PM

I see that misfire is a common issue on s2k and can be many things..... its weird because I never had this on any of my 6 cars
Old 08-26-2011, 07:44 AM

Honda said coil packs are cracked and carbonized or something.....of course S2k coil packs are not in stock...

Now my 3rd party warranty is screwing with me...playing games....they said they cover coil packs, but they dont cover carbonized packs...funny. Dealer said they told warranty company that coil packs are cracked, warranty company told me that they didnt. Dealer said they are tired of calling stupid warranty comp., and warranty comp cant call dealer... VERY MAD...ITS RIDICULOUS. Honda service manager said he will try again later. I told him to say coil packs ARE CRACKED to that comp

another wise I will buy packs and replace myself and sue warranty comp...i haven't been so mad in a long time
Old 08-26-2011, 07:57 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kolyan2k
Honda said coil packs are cracked and carbonized or something.....of course S2k coil packs are not in stock...

Now my 3rd party warranty is screwing with me...playing games....they said they cover coil packs, but they dont cover carbonized packs...funny. Dealer said they told warranty company that coil packs are cracked, warranty company told me that they didnt. Dealer said they are tired of calling stupid warranty comp., and warranty comp cant call dealer... VERY MAD...ITS RIDICULOUS. Honda service manager said he will try again later. I told him to say coil packs ARE CRACKED to that comp

another wise I will buy packs and replace myself and sue warranty comp...i haven't been so mad in a long time
that's crazy...if you mind me asking, why waste your money on warranty companies, they are nothing but a hassle another worthless bill to pay(I had one for about a year, they didnt replace crap when I needed new coils, MAP sensor, clutch master and slave cylinder and starter) I just save the money I was paying them creating my own nest egg of insurance...I hope it works out for you
Old 08-26-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
Originally Posted by kolyan2k' timestamp='1314373453' post='20916414

that's crazy...if you mind me asking, why waste your money on warranty companies, they are nothing but a hassle another worthless bill to pay(I had one for about a year, they didnt replace crap when I needed new coils, MAP sensor, clutch master and slave cylinder and starter) I just save the money I was paying them creating my own nest egg of insurance...I hope it works out for you
warranty came with car from previous owner. if they dont pay, i will sue them. those "games" make me sick. one thing its not covered, and another thing when IT IS and they still try to get out of paying. previous owner paid $1300 for premium coverage, those assholes refuse to pay for coil packs. Will go to dealer in a few hour to find out whats going on. Dealer is asshole too, said he doesnt wanna call warranty company and waste his time again....Warranty was purchased at Honda dealer to begin with.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:34 AM

update: got a call back, service manager called warranty and after a long painful talk got an approval, BUT was told that it still MUST be approved by warranty manager and can take up to 24 hours. I had an option to start the process early and pay $400 bucks for coils, but I think I would rather wait....
Old 08-26-2011, 03:09 PM

06+ have 5 year 60k factory warranties. I had the same problem at 40k on my 06. I adjusted the valves, and they were very tight on the 2 cylinders that were misfiring. The VSA and triangle lights went away.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:11 PM

06+ have 5 year 60k factory warranties. I had the same problem at 40k on my 06. I adjusted the valves, and they were very tight on the 2 cylinders that were misfiring. The VSA and triangle lights went away.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Working_Class_S
thanks.....I just looked and my car was purchased on 8/03/1006 which means warranty expired only 23 days ago. when i called the dealer 1 month ago about my torn top, they told me its not covered because my warranty is out.....

what the hell is going on ? i am speechless....
Old 08-26-2011, 10:34 PM

Not sure what's going on, but try taking it to the dealership where it was purchased and make a scene about it. I would strongly suggest first getting a valve adjustment done at a reputable shop that does it regularly. If the valves are tight like mine were, you can burn a valve. Also replace the spark plugs. The ones you buy for the S from the dealership are properly gapped.

Quick Reply: Had car for 3k miles and already a problem.....Misfire