S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Ground wire, close to IACV, where to?

Old 08-27-2012, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground wire, close to IACV, where to?

There's a an electrical ground wire that's attached to the harness that's pretty close to the IACV, in between the intake manifold and the brake booster cylinder. Does anyone know off the top of their head there this is supposed to be grounded at?
Old 08-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Can you take a picture ?. There is no ground near that location, there are two grounds on the base of the block on the driver side straight down from the intake manifold, the only other ground is on the back of the head.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Can you take a picture ?. There is no ground near that location, there are two grounds on the base of the block on the driver side straight down from the intake manifold, the only other ground is on the back of the head.
yeah sorry, didn't have my phone with me
Ground wire, close to IACV, where to?-mqcc8.jpg
my friend started the unbolting of the intake manifold when i wasn't there and i had to finish it up w/out him. And i can't say i've ever noticed this one before. So that's the backside of the IM there, and right behind it is the IACV. But if you follow the ground wire down, it's actually wrapped up and looks like it's tied into the harness.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by SimbaDogg
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1346105673' post='21968879

my friend started the unbolting of the intake manifold when i wasn't there and i had to finish it up w/out him. And i can't say i've ever noticed this one before. So that's the backside of the IM there, and right behind it is the IACV. But if you follow the ground wire down, it's actually wrapped up and looks like it's tied into the harness.
I think that is the one that goes straight down to the bottom of the block on the driver side, there are two grounds side by side, I am sure that is one of them, did your friend unbolt areas of the lower block ?, because that one is not on the manifold area. There is a ground the comes off the lower driver side frame to the block, and just beside that one is the one that comes off the harness, so I think that is one of the two. It is just to the left of the lower part of the intake manifold bracket - the large black bracket that goes from the lower block to the upper manifold..
Old 08-27-2012, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Originally Posted by SimbaDogg' timestamp='1346107094' post='21968945
[quote name='JFUSION' timestamp='1346105673' post='21968879']

I think that is the one that goes straight down to the bottom of the block on the driver side, there are two grounds side by side, I am sure that is one of them, did your friend unbolt areas of the lower block ?, because that one is not on the manifold area. There is a ground the comes off the lower driver side frame to the block, and just beside that one is the one that comes off the harness, so I think that is one of the two.
[/quote]
Mmm...yeah i'll definitely take a look down there. I know what you're talking about though, the last time i was under there gravity bleeding my clutch i saw that ground. I'll see if i can snake it down there and find a good spot. Thanks
Old 08-27-2012, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by SimbaDogg
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1346107809' post='21968979
[quote name='SimbaDogg' timestamp='1346107094' post='21968945']
[quote name='JFUSION' timestamp='1346105673' post='21968879']

I think that is the one that goes straight down to the bottom of the block on the driver side, there are two grounds side by side, I am sure that is one of them, did your friend unbolt areas of the lower block ?, because that one is not on the manifold area. There is a ground the comes off the lower driver side frame to the block, and just beside that one is the one that comes off the harness, so I think that is one of the two.
[/quote]
Mmm...yeah i'll definitely take a look down there. I know what you're talking about though, the last time i was under there gravity bleeding my clutch i saw that ground. I'll see if i can snake it down there and find a good spot. Thanks
[/quote]

Yeah if you are under the car look for the ground that runs from the lower frame beside the driver side engine mount, it will connect to the lower block beside the manifold support bracket, then just to the left of that one is where your highlighted ground is supposed to connect , both using small 6mm (10mm socket head) mounting bolts.