S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Greddy E-Manage Settings Library - Any interest?

Old 12-05-2003, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also interested in maybe installing an E-manage system with my Vortech SC. My question is do I have to replace the injectors, or can I acheive positive results using the stock items?

Has anyone written a "howto" for getting started with an E-manage/Vortec installation? I realize that fine tuning is required on each individual installation, but a step by step guide of the common points would go a long way to de-mystifying the topic.

The type of things I mean are:

Wiring diagram (including the Vortech parts)
Injector sizes
Default maps (safe starting pionts for a Vortech equiped car)
Open/Closed loop tuning process
Wide band O2 sensor usage

I know this information is probably available out there somwhere, but if someone has already been through this, and could put the information in one focused discussion document, I for one would be eternally gratefull.

Thanks Kevin
Old 12-05-2003, 12:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The E-manage will replace all the electronics in your Vortech kit. You should wire it up using an ECU plug and play harness.

There are diagrams but some of them are erroneous (specifically the ignition diagram by Virus. See my correction). Once installed you need to set the Boost Cut setting to 2.9V. Then drive gently to your tuner (under 6000). Get then to set the ignition and fuel for optimum tune.

You don't need larger injectors unless you wish to remove the FPR. With larger injectors you can increase fuel without increasing fuel pressure as they have greater capacity.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:10 AM

My mechanic is now making a 12 hour trip to pull out the EManage + 440cc injectors

Going back to VAFC + stock injectors

EManage MAPS
Old 12-08-2003, 11:40 AM

More details! Considering I have just installed exactly that I would be interested to know about your problems. And what is your set up? FI?
Old 12-08-2003, 12:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JohnsS2k,
How bout going back to the stock injectors in the eManage?

That gives you one less variable to deal with and since many others have made that set up work I would think it would be easier to find or trade maps
Old 12-08-2003, 03:08 PM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Happy to report the 440cc Ultimate injectors, e-Manage set for 290cc stock -> 440cc using the Mugen ECU for fixed fuel and ignition MAPs (per the quote from Maca above on this thread) with Vortech SC + Intercooler are JUST FINE HERE IN THE UK. The previous owner Maca liaised with Ultimate who make the injectors and you'd expect them to get it right. His basis was a MAP for a Turbo set-up that Ultimate supplied and at least the injector size of it was reliable.

What we all are finding is that raising the output to 350wbhp (as I am lucky enough to have, costing me
Old 12-08-2003, 03:13 PM

Hi Arsie,

After much discussion I set my 'Before' setting to 380cc. As I was only upgrading the injectors at this stage I really didn't expect a major difference in drivability.

Boy was I wrong. The car bogged under heavy throttle or load.

I was only driving it to the tuners and was very confident it was rich rather than lean.

Sounds like 380 is way too high for the 'Before' setting and 290 is much closer to the original setting.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:50 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Yes that sounds about right. With a bigger injector volume but it only getting the same shot of fuel (pump and ECU as stock) what is being injected is from a bigger cavity and so a lower density of fuel/air = too lean. I guess. Maybe one of the really knowledgeable guys will comment.

No matter when not demanding too much power but uo under extreme demand/load situtations your weak mixture showed up as you describe.

No tuner me, just I once studied physics. And now bullsh*t for a living!

Let us know how it goes.

Rog
Old 12-09-2003, 04:03 AM

Methinks the amount of fuel delivered is the same it's just the pressure will be lower with a bigger injector. Hence the vapourization and AF mix will not occur so readily, leading to a loss in power at high demand.

Just a guess !
Old 12-09-2003, 04:40 AM

No, the pump can provide the pressure even with much bigger injectors. The problem is that the ECU is opening the injectors, but they are bigger, so more fuel is going in. If it was a correct mix before, it's too rich now. Hence the bogging.

The E-manage compensates for bigger injectors by telling the ECU there is less air and therefore it should shorten the injector pulse. It does this by multipling the MAP signal by the ratio of the old injectors to the new. As I entered 380 as my Before and 440 as my After the multiplier is 0.86. But it appears there is still too much fuel. If I use 290 as my Before then the multiplier is 0.66 and would result in a much shorter injector pulse. I assume this is where i'm going wrong.

Quick Reply: Greddy E-Manage Settings Library - Any interest?