S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Got my alignment done, how do these numbers look?

Old 01-03-2015, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my alignment done, how do these numbers look?

I went to Soulspeed Performance on seeing some forum recommendations.

Pleased with the results so far, feels like I'm on rails again. Been rainy so I haven't driven much though.

Got my alignment done, how do these numbers look?-33uluz9.jpg

Name:  9qPJ8ll.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  73.6 KB
Old 01-03-2015, 03:09 PM

Received 3,770 Likes on 2,660 Posts

Some people tend to go overboard with rear toe, .20-.30 degrees is a good range so I'd say they got it right in that department. Everything looks good, but I would have gone with more front negative camber. Give it a good drive in the rain and it will be a good test for your new settings.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:18 PM

Received 480 Likes on 392 Posts

Honestly it depends on the tires, you don't need more than .7 degrees of front camber on oem'ish tires. On an extreme summer tire 1-1.5 degrees is fine, obviously the more grip you have the more you'll need to exploit it with camber angles.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever they did, it was right. Feels like a completely different car.

Before the alignment, I could play with the wheel quite a bit at freeway speeds and not sway. Now that play is gone, wiggling the wheel makes me wiggle in my lane. Feels nice and precise. Not sure what setting in particular effects this, but it makes the car much more fun to drive.

Also before the alignment, slowing down on uneven road would cause the wheel to jerk in random directions. Not that it felt unsafe because you should be holding on the wheel anyways, but it felt janky. Seems like that's gone for the most part, but further experimentation is needed.

Also holds the road a hell of a lot better, especially when turning. When I'm accelerating through a turn, I don't get the feeling like I'm going to fly off the road anymore. Feels like I'm chained down.

I think I'll notice that I trigger my traction control less often too. It would trigger fairly often before.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I wouldn't go with that extreme of a camber differential front to back, other than that it looks fine. I would dial the rear camber back to -1.5
Old 01-04-2015, 07:04 AM

Received 480 Likes on 392 Posts

Rear is perfect to me, reason being that a staggered setup has more meat in the back so having a 1 degree difference front to back will only improve stability at your values. The reason you had play in the steering was your front toe, your rear toe probably had something to do with any feeling on instability, also your offset rear camber probably had something to do with your car pulling randomly when stopping.

I personally would have ran maybe -1.8 rear camber and a little more rear toe, less camber less toe, more camber more toe, but never more toe than recommended range, even then I'd only go to the higher range if I was running -2.5 camber or more.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by coolkid13377
Whatever they did, it was right. Feels like a completely different car.

Before the alignment, I could play with the wheel quite a bit at freeway speeds and not sway. Now that play is gone, wiggling the wheel makes me wiggle in my lane. Feels nice and precise. Not sure what setting in particular effects this, but it makes the car much more fun to drive.

Also before the alignment, slowing down on uneven road would cause the wheel to jerk in random directions. Not that it felt unsafe because you should be holding on the wheel anyways, but it felt janky. Seems like that's gone for the most part, but further experimentation is needed.

Also holds the road a hell of a lot better, especially when turning. When I'm accelerating through a turn, I don't get the feeling like I'm going to fly off the road anymore. Feels like I'm chained down.

I think I'll notice that I trigger my traction control less often too. It would trigger fairly often before.
That's good to hear

I've got to get my car aligned before the Rock the Dragon event in April. I think that I will probably end up with settings very close to what you have. I'll close up the camber difference front to back by increasing the front up to 1 degree and keeping the rears around 2 degrees.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:48 AM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

How do these numbers compare to this?

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/i...167-uk-geojpg/

I'm running those specs,but It's hard on the inside of the tires...
Old 01-04-2015, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire

can't see the specs ?
Old 01-04-2015, 12:41 PM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire' timestamp='1420397326' post='23455835

can't see the specs ?
UK Specs (AP1 only)

Front Caster 6º 45' (+ 0.75º over US Spec)

Front Camber -1º (+ 0.5º)

Front Total Toe 0º (no change)

Rear Camber -2º (+ 0.5º)

Rear Total Toe-in 0º 40' (+ 0.036 inch)

Quick Reply: Got my alignment done, how do these numbers look?