S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Got in an accident

Old 03-29-2012, 10:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got in an accident

Eh, how unfortunate. First accident ever, def don't wanna go through that ever again. Good to report, not at fault. Ended up getting hit by some lady who happened to be prego.. she said she was fine but I insisted on getting her checked out from the fire department, so glad to report shes ok as well. I ended up getting a nasty migraine, so I got checked out at ER. I have the hardest time explaining how this happened but I think she failed to yield and I was hit. From the looks of it, I think it could be repairable. Maybe you guys will know more. Taken with the worst phone ever made, T-Mobile Dash so sorry for the crappy pics. She was driving a Nissan Versa, and jeeze its like the front end of her car said screw it and all fell off. Surprised that the headlight plastic didn't crack or anything.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey that looks like my recent car accident (2 weeks ago), pretty much the same damages as mine Lol. Car is still in the shop for another 8 days. If I'm right, it looks like the frame that supports the headlight is bent/broken. That's what I was told from the repair shop. Anyways the total repair for me is $9k.

Btw my headlights didn't crack also but peices from the inside exploded and geez that Versa looks horrible! Haha.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by SoREALemjay
Hey that looks like my recent car accident (2 weeks ago), pretty much the same damages as mine Lol. Car is still in the shop for another 8 days. If I'm right, it looks like the frame that supports the headlight is bent/broken. That's what I was told from the repair shop. Anyways the total repair for me is $9k.

Btw my headlights didn't crack also but peices from the inside exploded and geez that Versa looks horrible! Haha.
Damn lol I looked inside and yup the whole inside of the headlight is all broken up in there. The lady's husband is an insurance dude, he looked at his wifes Nissan and said its like 4K in damages, but hers is the worst of the two. But yeah the supports must be damaged/broken from looking at it up close. Wondering, dealer for repair or professional shop? Cause well Honda would have more of an idea of what to replace/repair and they'll be using OEM parts instead of aftermarket parts that don't fit right.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 PM

It's a professional shop buying only oem parts, I make sure of this. From what I was told, its something they can't bend back, they have to replace it with a new frame support which requires removing the engine and other components. So that's just a heads up if a shop gives you some BS. I also noticed your rim is damaged/scratched. They're going to see if they can repair mine or worse case replace it.

Glad to hear you're both okay though.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:45 PM

It's a professional shop buying only oem parts, I make sure of this. From what I was told, its something they can't bend back, they have to replace it with a new frame support which requires removing the engine and other components. So that's just a heads up if a shop gives you some BS. I also noticed your rim is damaged/scratched. They're going to see if they can repair mine or worse case replace it.

Glad to hear you're both okay though.
I think my wheel is ok. I am going to make sure its not bent, otherwise its got a scratch on one spoke I think. What kinda BS would they be saying? Thats why I am thinking to do dealer?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 AM

They're going to repair my rim by removing the scuff/scratches. It was damaged during the accident so make sure they repair yours. It doesn't look bent. Maybe they'll say we can bent it back (don't agree to that), all depends on the shop you take it to really. The shop I took it to is very professional in body repairs, its actually my 2nd time within the past 3 months as I had another incident prior to my latest one Lol. I guess you can take it to the dealer but IMO I don't trust them with repairs nonetheless oil changes.. just make sure the body shop you take it to knows what they are doing.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:13 AM

Here's a pic of my accident. You can see the headlight support frame is bent, I think that's what the shop was referring to? I haven't seen my car, just the paperwork. It also mentioned broken tabs on that frame support.

Sorry if pic is bad or small, doing this via phone.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:30 AM

They're going to repair my rim by removing the scuff/scratches. It was damaged during the accident so make sure they repair yours. It doesn't look bent. Maybe they'll say we can bent it back (don't agree to that), all depends on the shop you take it to really. The shop I took it to is very professional in body repairs, its actually my 2nd time within the past 3 months as I had another incident prior to my latest one Lol. I guess you can take it to the dealer but IMO I don't trust them with repairs nonetheless oil changes.. just make sure the body shop you take it to knows what they are doing.
I wanna take it to the dealer in our higher-end city where they are known to have the best customer satisfaction. I don't think they'll try toy me around with bending anything back, specially when its insurance whos paying so they might as well get new parts. Yours looks similar but I think mine turned out worse so we see
Old 03-30-2012, 12:39 AM

I agree. Yours is far worse than mine but still share the same repairs. It's gonna be a long 3-4 weeks for you lol
Old 03-30-2012, 03:42 AM

Good God, that Versa looks like it crumbled with fear.

Quick Reply: Got in an accident