S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Godzilla BOV Connection Question...

Old 11-16-2004, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Godzilla BOV Connection Question...

Hi,

so far i have installed a Godzilla BOV together with my Comptech Supercharger + Aftercooler. It works great, but i still have a question:

This is a quote of the installation manual:

Connections:
Select and install the supplied pressure fittings to suit. Use Teflon tape on all pipe threads. Utilizing the installed fittings and sensing hose, connect the pressure-sensing port on the side of the "Godzilla" assembly to the engines intake manifold. (Downstream from the throttle body.)

For maximum valve response, connect the pressure-sensing port on the side of the "Godzilla" assembly to the turbocharger compressor discharge. (Upstream of the throttle body.) This connection is optional based on need. Note: If not used, this port must remain vented. (Do not plug.)

Operation: .... The response of the "Godzilla" is further enhanced by sensing the actual compressor discharge pressure (side port) which acts on the lower side of the diaphragm to accelerate the opening from the valve.....
I have connected the BOV on the downstream (intake manifold). But what makes me wonder is, should i also connect the BOV to the upstream port? And if i should, where to connect it?
Old 11-16-2004, 09:02 AM

what is confusing about the directions is that both the ports could be thought of as, "on the side" of the BOV. I havent installed mine yet, and just looking at it in the box just now has me confused. Where are all the guys with the Godzilla's... i know theres a bunch of you!

Possibly can somebody make a diagram for future use on this board?
Old 11-16-2004, 10:27 AM

Ok so I just went out and looked at my car. I have mine hooked to the hole that is on the top of the BOV by the bolt that sticks out the top. The other hole is empty. It would be the hose that came off the top of the old "Bypass Valve".

Hope that helps you out.

RAT
Old 11-16-2004, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by S2000RAT,Nov 16 2004, 03:27 PM
Ok so I just went out and looked at my car. I have mine hooked to the hole that is on the top of the BOV by the bolt that sticks out the top. The other hole is empty. It would be the hose that came off the top of the old "Bypass Valve".

Hope that helps you out.

RAT
Yep, Same setup as me! It will expel air at idle and as you push the throttle and create pressure the valve will close on the BOV - You will hear it close!
Old 11-30-2004, 03:00 PM

any of you guys have a sound clip by chance of your bov?
Old 11-30-2004, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres one of mine. Hosted by dut.

Godzilla BOV
Old 05-17-2005, 03:10 PM

is there any way to fix the delay of the blow off valve when I let off the gas. Mine makes a couple rumbling backspooling noises and then blows off.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:00 AM

Mine is to the top only nothing is connected to the bottom one.

^ You still having problems with that delay dude. Maybe your just hearing things. Try adjusting the tension on the BOV. I never adjusted mine before I installed it. I remember trying to push the valve in with my thumb and it took alot effort to get it to open. Maybe yours needs to be tighten. What exactly are you hearing between the delay and before it goes off? Make sure you got the BOV bolted tight to the aftercooler. Make sure the flange sits flush with the aftercooler. Make sure that clamp that holds the bov to the flange is tight too. It might be leaking air. I don't hear anything on mine.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:47 PM

everything is tight and i have it set to the stiffness i like but I think its making those noises because my car is still running lean. It sounds like the actuall intake is rumbling because the SC is back spooling and then it blows off. Like maybe the BOV is now letting the air out fast enough and its messing up something. Either way it doesn't sound good and I'm gonna have my tuner look at it tommorow when we put the injectors in.