S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Go from USDM to JDM dash

Old 12-13-2011, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go from USDM to JDM dash

I was wondering if any one has tried this before or knoes how hard it would be to, switch the dash from USDM to JDM, found a good deal on a JDM dash and i'd figure it would be something "fresh" not doing a full right hand drive convertion, just wanting to switch the dash,l i;d figure all i would have to do is extend the cable so that they reach the other side, i'm not very experienced with electric stuff, but one of my buddy's does wire tucks for S2000's so i'd figure while im getting my wire tuck and there were no major changes needeed other than extending wire i would throw in the JDM dash.

PLEASE IM LOOKING FOR INPUT REGARDING THIS PROCEDURE NOT YOUR OPINION OF HOW DUMB OR LAME,ECT THIS IS OR I AM, ITS MY CAR AND MONEY AND I REALLY COULD CARE LESS OF YOUR OPINION SO PLEAE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME NOR MINE, THANK YOU
Old 12-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Banned

What you're asking doesn't add up. You can't use a RHD dash (JDM, UKDM, EDM, etc) in a LHD car without converting to RHD. Do you want to hack up the glove box area and stuff a bare, ugly, steering column through there? Then what are you going to do with the actual steering column that is now in the passengers seat? You'll have a big ugly hole in the dash that looks through to the firewall.

If you can get the front clip and do a proper RHD conversion, go for it. I love RHD cars (maybe I'm a fan boy?!) but you can't just swap the dashes.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:01 AM

not like the dash, i kne wi used the wrong word, i meant like cluster stuff i'll post a pic so that it makes more sense
Old 12-13-2011, 07:01 AM

Just to make sure I understand correctly, you ARE NOT doing a RHD conversion, but you ARE putting in a RHD "dash". This would mean you are sitting on the left side with your gauges on the passenger side of the car? Did you mean to say that you are using the gauge cluster from a JDM car, but installing it on the left hand side in the USDM dash?
ETA:nevermind, somebody else already asked this question while I was typing it. If you are installing the gauge cluster directly in place of your current USDM gauge cluster, why would you need to extend the cables?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 AM

posted pic
Old 12-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SEBASS
not like the dash, i kne wi used the wrong word, i meant like cluster stuff i'll post a pic so that it makes more sense
Ok, in that case it's a straight forward swap but your gauges will show km/h instead of mp/h. Unless you're doing a RHD conversion, JDM clusters are a waste in my opinion.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by NFRAP2
Just to make sure I understand correctly, you ARE NOT doing a RHD conversion, but you ARE putting in a RHD "dash". This would mean you are sitting on the left side with your gauges on the passenger side of the car? Did you mean to say that you are using the gauge cluster from a JDM car, but installing it on the left hand side in the USDM dash?
ETA:nevermind, somebody else already asked this question while I was typing it. If you are installing the gauge cluster directly in place of your current USDM gauge cluster, why would you need to extend the cables?
idk thats why i am asking if its need, being that the AC, radio and start button seat oposite of the normal spot
Old 12-13-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by vividracing.com
Originally Posted by SEBASS' timestamp='1323792083' post='21233263
Ok, in that case it's a straight forward swap but your gauges will show km/h instead of mp/h. Unless you're doing a RHD conversion, JDM clusters are a waste in my opinion.

HUH? thats just a simple push of a buttom on the cluster, i would be re-using my oem usdm number cluster i just want to change stuff that goes arround it, this is frustuating as crap i keep having brain farts of what the stuff is properly called
Old 12-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NFRAP2' timestamp='1323792107' post='21233266
idk thats why i am asking if its need, being that the AC, radio and start button seat oposite of the normal spot
Originally Posted by vividracing.com' timestamp='1323792266' post='21233272
[quote name='SEBASS' timestamp='1323792083' post='21233263']

HUH? thats just a simple push of a buttom on the cluster, i would be re-using my oem usdm number cluster i just want to change stuff that goes arround it, this is frustuating as crap i keep having brain farts of what the stuff is properly called
[/quote]

I can't help you.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Banned

Ok, I just scrolled up and saw the pic. If that's all you're trying to swap, then yes you'll need to extend some wires. It's easy. I'm not sure if it's a direct swap between the parts, but if it's a good price then go ahead and pick it up.

Quick Reply: Go from USDM to JDM dash