S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Glove box removal?

Old 01-04-2005, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glove box removal?

hey guys what is the easiest way to remove the glove compartment? so far i have removed the radio door w/ vents, and center console, how do i get the glove box out? took the two bottum phillips screws out, and one phillips screw inside the glove box. what else is holding it down? pix would be very helpful. do i need to remove the roll bar hoops? thanks!
Old 01-05-2005, 11:59 AM

HOW DID U GET A GLOCE COMPARTMENT IN THE FRONT OF YOUR S
Old 01-05-2005, 12:00 PM

GLOVE COMPARTMENT
Old 01-05-2005, 04:28 PM

i'm talking about the glove compartment in between the seats. i need help removing it from people who have removed it or people who know how to remove it. thanks
Old 01-05-2005, 09:51 PM

i need some help, i want to take this thing off.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:55 PM

There is quite a bit more to take off to get the glovebox out. This is cut and pasted from a few on my previous posts, so it might not make sense, but you should be able to follow it. You're gonna need the top up for this...

- Move the seats forward and you will see a rectanglular panel held on my two hooks. Remove the hooks and panels. There are some screws under there that hold the box sides to the body, remove them.

- Open the secret compartment, there are 4 screws on the sides near the headrests, take them out.

- Look behind the seats in the conv top well, there is a big flat piece on the bottom (labeled "2nd" in the pic) and a thin wide piece (labeled 1st), both held in buy clips. The 3 clips circled in green (pay no attention to the side pieces 5 and 7), there is a small circle in the clip that needs to be pushed in, then the clip will come out. After the clips are out, pull the strip out, its kind jammed in there, so just start on a lower corner and work it out.

- Next, the flat tray. There are 3 or 4 clips (I've seen 2 different styles, one kind is like a wall anchor- A plastic phillips screw in a plastic circle wedge. The other style is like the ones holding the previous piece removed) on the front side of the tray (you'll see them if you look through the rear window), take them out. Then pull the rear part of the tray up until it is free and stuck is that small space under the window. You need to wiggle it out over the rollbars to get it out, unlatching the top and lowering it a little so there is a 2 inch gap at the front windshield helps.

- Back to the top well, on the back of the glove compartment there is a small panel with 2 or 3 phillips screws holding it on the bottom. Take them out and pop the panel out. There are clips on top part, under the panel. Then there should be 2 or 3 more screws holding the glovebox to a metal bracket, take those out.

- Now wiggle the glovebox out, make sure the secret compartment is popped when you do that....

Why are you doing this?
Old 01-06-2005, 03:26 AM

hey thanks. i'm doing this cuz i don't really need the space (wanna lose a little weight and create more room for misc.)and im trying to install a cf center console that i got from someone who never installed his and sold his car. i got directions for that install here:

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/s2kcfc...structions.html

thanks a lot for taking time to help.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:46 AM

also wondering why i need the top up? wouldn't it be better with the top down? and why does the secret compartment have to be popped open when wiggling the box out?
Old 01-06-2005, 07:29 AM

The top needs to be up because the panels behind the seat (where the top sits when its down) need to come out. And you'll see on the sc part when you get there....
Old 01-07-2005, 12:09 AM

hey thanks for your help. i'm just about done. i've taken out the big flat pannel and all that remains is 4 phillips screws in the back. i want to disconnect the trunk release button from the compartment without damaging the harness so i can still use it to open my trunk. how could i do that? i havent really seen the underside yet and its dark where i am working. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Glove box removal?