S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Future Hondata plans for our car

Old 12-14-2004, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future Hondata plans for our car

What's up guys. I just had a quick question. Some of you may be familiar with hondata kpro which has been released for the rsx. I know that hondata couldn't release a similar product for the s2k because our ecu isn't flashable. Currently the 05 RSX doesn't have a flashable ecu either. I heard rumors that hondata is trying to crack this unflashable ecu. If they are successful, do you think a similar product will be available to us?
I know some of you may think this is stupid because the tuning potential for our f20 isn't as great as the k20. However I was thinking it could be really useful for f/i applications. Ok i know we have emanage, etc. I have been doing to some datalogging with a buddy who just recently purchased the kpro and I love the way it works. I for one would be willing to use the hondata over emanage if it were released for us. What you think?
Old 12-14-2004, 09:30 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe they had a problem starting the car due to the immobilizer.

-Wallace
Old 12-14-2004, 12:40 PM

I'd definitely be open to a Hondata option for the F20C/F22C. The Hondata would provide considerably more tuning options, not just WOT open-loop programming via piggy-backs. I don't consider the F20C/F22C limited in capability (or tuning potential)...it's just a very good package that Honda put together that not many companies have bothered to improve upon. I'm sure larger cams would make some considerable power, but no one runs them because Toda is the only one that makes them and you need bigger valve reliefs (or Toda's expensive pistons) to run anything bigger than the A's...more deterent for ppl.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 05 RSX ECU is flashable, it's just completely different in architecture than the older ECU. It doesn't have any bearing on the S2000 issue at all.

Hondata may still attempt a conversion harness to an RSX ECU for the S2000, but it will be about as expensive as an AEM EMS, so the only benefit would be retaining OBDII for emissions. And it is not a priority for Hondata I'm sorry to say.

The K20, due to i-VTEC, has more tuning potential than the F20/22 engines, even though the latter have a little more top end potential. But because the K-series engines are so detuned from the factory, there are much larger gains to be had, and there are an awful lot of K-series engines out there (US consumption alone will be in excess of half a million K engines this year)

UL
Old 12-14-2004, 03:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There will be a hondata setup for our cars in due time.I know this because i called hondata a few weeks ago and specifically asked about it.They told me they were working on it.If anyone has doubts,give hondata a call.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What would be the advantages, if any, of the Hondata over the AEM EMS?
Old 12-14-2004, 04:10 PM

Funny, they didn't mention anything last weekend and they know we're waiting.

TSX and 05 RSX are at the top of the list.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by honda606,Dec 14 2004, 08:10 PM
What would be the advantages, if any, of the Hondata over the AEM EMS?
For one thing, AEM doesn't fit and an ODB2 case which make it unuseable for SCCA T2 cars.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by ultimate lurker,Dec 14 2004, 02:16 PM
The 05 RSX ECU is flashable, it's just completely different in architecture than the older ECU. It doesn't have any bearing on the S2000 issue at all.

Hondata may still attempt a conversion harness to an RSX ECU for the S2000, but it will be about as expensive as an AEM EMS, so the only benefit would be retaining OBDII for emissions. And it is not a priority for Hondata I'm sorry to say.

The K20, due to i-VTEC, has more tuning potential than the F20/22 engines, even though the latter have a little more top end potential. But because the K-series engines are so detuned from the factory, there are much larger gains to be had, and there are an awful lot of K-series engines out there (US consumption alone will be in excess of half a million K engines this year)

UL
UL,
Thanks for the info.

How likely do you think the conversion harness will be released for our car? Even if it's as expensive as the AEM EMS, I for one would still be willing to get hondata over the EMS. That's just my personal opinion.
Thanks.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:18 PM
dut

[QUOTE=ultimate lurker,Dec 14 2004, 02:16 PM]The 05 RSX ECU is flashable, it's just completely different in architecture than the older ECU.

Quick Reply: Future Hondata plans for our car