S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Fujitsubo Legalis Dual - MY06

Old 02-11-2007, 04:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Fujitsubo Legalis Dual - MY06

UPDATED....Follow This Link (sorry for the delay, it took me 7 months just to get to the install so I think one week wasn't so bad for my video link!! Hope you find it helpful.)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/fa5e8cd...8d70185ee52.htm

Well, being the king of procrastination, I finally got around to putting the 06 Laguna up on my brother-in-law's rack to see if this was gonna' work. I had originally got the Exhaust last May or so and put it on my 2003 SC Silverstone. I had gone from stocker to the Spugen Dual Oval and was in love with that ....for about 10 months, then I had enough of the killer drone. Couldn't take it anymore. So, my research found that the Fujitsubo was going to the best for my personal taste. Got one, installed it, loved it and then the unfortunate experience of totaling my '03 with only about 1000 miles on the Fujitsubo. A couple of dents on the bottom side of the two canisters but no mangled or twisted metal.

I had offers to sell it as it was but, I wanted to keep it to see if it would fit up under the new 2006 Laguna that we had bought for replacement. A few threads out here said it would not, along with some that said it might and then a link to a fella that had pics of his Laguna with it installed but, no detail of how he did it. I just had to know for sure and then wanted to post up for the benefit of all you out there with 06 & 07 S2K's. We'll see if there is going to be 2008 added to this list...............?

Anyhoot, I don't have a digital camera but had arranged for one to be there. And you already know what happens when you don't take control of things yourself, be prepared for a letdown. No camera. BUT, I did intentionally bring along my Sony Mini DV Camcorder to take some footage of the whole thing. This is going to about as rookie as it gets, full of ackward angles, bad lighting, boring monotone commentary but, it should suffice!!

NOW, the points to be maded here is that it bolted right up with no mods having to be done with ONLY ONE EXCEPTION. The tips on the stock 06 are about 3 inches narrower from center to center than the Fujitsubo. We had to very gently strap the two canisters together, pull them together (very easy to do) and then apply some heat to the two elbows just behind the oval canisters and they now stayed at the correct openings in the factory rear bumper exhaust oval cut-outs.

The only other item for you know is that the 06 uses 3 rubber hangers that are identical to the 5 that are used on the AP1 and then they use 2 of these newer style 3 point rubber hangers (for a total of 5). You will need to go get 2 more of the standard AP1 style rubber hangers for this install.

Okay, now you will just have to be patient with me as I am no savvy technical guru who can post pics and videos and such. But, I will get with someone who does and we will get this goofy video up asap. Just don't start any flames about the quality of this, it was never meant to be entered into any type of installation instructional product.

Later..............!!

Zacksdad2
Old 02-11-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant wait
Old 02-12-2007, 09:49 AM

Okay, I just dropped off the tape to VVS James to work his talent about getting this up for you all to view. Hopefully a day or two and you folks out there lurking with 2006 & 2007 will be lining up at his new shop to buy yours immediately! He has them in stock. No 3-5 month Group Buy waiting stuff. $850 picked up or, shipped to your door and you are on your way. No charge for the video presentation

BTW: I suggest about 3-5 beer minimum before viewing this cow punk hillbilly production ........

Zacksdad2
Old 02-12-2007, 05:40 PM

Z-dad, show me the money!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by zacksdad2,Feb 12 2007, 01:49 PM
BTW: I suggest about 3-5 beer minimum before viewing this cow punk hillbilly production ........
looking forward to seeing it, and even more so possibly buying it
Old 02-16-2007, 07:29 PM

any minute now...
Old 02-18-2007, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by efthimios,Feb 13 2007, 03:22 PM
looking forward to seeing it, and even more so possibly buying it
Next in line on the purchase. first in line on the rites.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:28 AM

Video Link now attached....scroll back up to the top for the streetfire link.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:56 AM

I really like the sound on that...subtle, but still mean. Very nice.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:34 AM

thanks for the video. Glad it fits.

Quick Reply: Fujitsubo Legalis Dual - MY06