S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Fuel Trim looking good but Post o2 voltage reading 0?

Old 01-21-2016, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forgot to add : i want to able to read my afr too
Old 01-21-2016, 07:11 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyLee
ah thats wide band o2
mine is stock uses narrow band o2 lol
That is a base map to work on an OEM car.

EDIT: I opened a completely untouched map to show this, however, when I go through the Wizard, it doesn't specify "S2000" like some of the other sensors do. I never ran it with the OEM sensor as I already had a WBO2 and just depinned the OEM wire and hooked my WBO2 straight into the ECU. I know the 06+ are WBO2, but I can't say for certain on the earlier S2000's.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

After looking a little further into the log, it looks like a NBO2, so you were correct in your lean quote. However, it looks like 0% throttle is represented by 5.5% and based of logs like this, you're going into Decel Fuel Cut, which is completely normal. When you engine brake or let off the throttle, it will go lean (idle will return to stocih). That said, a NBO2 bounces around in its fuel interpenetration (scaling attached).

O2 voltage zoomed in on same time scale as above.

Looking at that, O2v follows load and throttle pretty well. You may just need to do some cleaning/general maintenance. Received loss of power is likely heat soak given the high IAT's I recall at least mid 140's in the logs).

NBO2 scaling:
Old 01-21-2016, 08:29 PM

Awesome, i know that is a base map and i thought u were trying to point out the volt readings lol.
i want to get an aftermarket ecu like Heltech cuz they are cheap but i havent read their ecu details even AEM ecu.

Last week i cleaned my air filter and intake mani, and it's really clean except for my TB but it wasn't really dirty.
idk where else to clean, i have checked my grounds in the engine bay they are clean as well.
but surely ima do some testing on my o2 and do a smoke test see if theres any leak.
i have ngk upstream o2 bought it for $30ish good deal right?

a question. Since you have aem
does aem ecu have an extra port for wideband? personally would run with wideband sensor only.
the think is i dont want to remove the stock narrow band, so i can put two of sensors.

thanks yamahaSHO
Old 01-21-2016, 09:00 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Again, this is ECU uses speed density... You're wasting your time with a smoke test. Unless you have some big gaping hole (which still will probably run fine) or suspect the intake manifold has a leak at the head, you're not going to fix anything this way. As far as cleaning, you can clean the TB, TB sensor, IAC, potentially the IAT, etc.

As for the AEM, you can wire whatever you want into it. I explained how I did it earlier in the post and my ECU only uses it for feedback. With an AEM and WBO2, there is zero need for the NBO2.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:58 AM

im doing a smoke test becuase i saw smoke coming from around the engine.
last week i cleaned those parts you listed above. there r no changes.
as fo the IAT there is rubber cap glued to tip of the sensor. so cleaning it it does nothing.
ill chck with dvom see if its within the spec.
"."
Old 01-22-2016, 09:08 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Smoke coming from around the engine isn't an intake problem considering the intake would pull anything in, not push smoke out.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:20 AM

true so i suspect it is exhaust leak or i should say header.

i have this vid recorded last year, rpm drops on steady gas, then few seconds later it drops to 800-900. but if i let go of the gas it will drop down to 400- 100rpm or stall
so i changed the tps it doesnt stall anymore
but everytime i start up my warmed engine it sound like crap and exhaust pops and it goes away after i rev 1-2 times, and it still drops but engine wont stall.

http://youtu.be/nH2DTomw5tM

today i have simulated the symptom n saved the data. i have my old data as well. will upload soon.

what could be the problem?
Howcome my S isnt throwing any MILs
Old 01-22-2016, 06:32 PM

Old Data
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...FM0eFk0NXpnZzg

New Data
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...29UQktuTjNYdVE

i won't be explaining all the details but if you look at it, i kinda highlighted them.
i dont have time right now.

o2 shouldn't be reading less than 100mv(0.1v readng) at idle.
as you can see it it is reading less than 0.1v 0.099v to complete 0v.
if you look at my old data ull be seeing 0.059v~ 0.027v~ 0.01v~ 0.0v then stalls.

so yes, ima replace o2.. when im free :s
Old 02-10-2016, 06:02 PM

New Data Xcel ( it is a bit messy, coolant temp is next to the data log)
it has Graphic so.. and this is pretty short cuz i had to record the (moment) with my phone.
ill upload the vid soon.
my first thought was wow i fixed ( actually i havent done anything yet)

Anyway, i have done another test with a/c on and off result are the same.
my closed tps is 5.9%, i revved up to about 1200rpm and tps is 8.6%(steady, Not shown in Excel) about 30~40 seconds later the RPM goes up about 1700rpm and exactly 10 seconds later it dropped back to 1200rpm and it repeats.
as soon as it hits 1700rpm i can feel s2k motor running strong no noise but pure power. but as rpm drops it... idk i felt like im riding a 1990 car.

Because RPM goes up and Engine Load Value goes down, so im assuming something is affecting the load value.
like i said i haven't done nothing on my S.

so this rules out IAC, MAP because rpm drops exactly after 10 sec. ( but i need to still check it)
i noticed upstream o2 volt doesnt go up to 0.9v.
also notice coolant temp drop during high rpm (1700) and peak temp 189F. air bubble ? No my idle doesnt fluctuate, no overheat.
any ideas?
I know this data is short. ill post a long one whenever i do a test.

Quick Reply: Fuel Trim looking good but Post o2 voltage reading 0?