S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Fuel Cut Off Switch (tried search)

Old 06-16-2013, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Cut Off Switch (tried search)

Alright guys, the days are counting down. 13 days until I find and pick up the S2000 finally. I'm moving from Ohio to Florida and driving it down there. After the 1st month I'm moving out of a relatives once school and job start and I'm not 100% sure if I'll have a garage in the new place. I also didn't have a garage with my 598hp WRX and the small ohio town I lived in, needless to say it received a lot of attention and 2 people tried stealing it. What saved my arse was a fuel cut off switch, I've been trying to find a DIY or even pictures of possibilities as I am mechanically inclined. Can anyone point me in the right direction or post up some pics of where the fuel pump power wires are.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:28 PM

the S2000 already has an immobilizer key system. Making it hard to steal. So the worry is them taking the seats
Old 06-16-2013, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by downloader
the S2000 already has an immobilizer key system. Making it hard to steal. So the worry is them taking the seats
Good to know, so the seat locks from kokdan or however you spell it, is that still the only seat lock producer?
Old 06-16-2013, 05:53 PM

just get some torx or other different type of head with the same threads. crooks will do not carry whole tool sets when working lol. or just get a long bolt and use a nut under the car. It will just spin in place unless some holds the nut under the car. Hope your car stays safe
Old 06-16-2013, 06:26 PM

Wow nice ideas. Thanks I appreciate it. Kind of nice being in a forum not full of pretentious people with huge egos.. (Coming from BMW). And yea I'm hoping I'm just ready for the S now.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:54 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you use any seat bolts other than the OEM or Kodokan's seat locks, make sure they are grade 8 or higher.

Keeping the seats attached to the car in case of a accident is a critical safety factor---this is not an area to cheap out on....
Old 06-16-2013, 07:12 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by downloader
the immobilizer is easily bypassed.. a fuel cut off switch is a good idea imo
Old 06-16-2013, 07:30 PM

Wouldn't have thought about that, thanks for the heads up. My local hardware store has a lot of 10.7 so I'll probably go with that in an Allen key and awkward size at that too. And I figured I've been researching more, especially south Florida looks like they're stolen a lot. Might be worth it and bite the bullet and get comprehensive insurance and wiring a fuel cut off is pretty easy, I'm thinking of putting the switch in hidden compartment or behind drivers seat through the trunk.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:49 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmerguy3
Wouldn't have thought about that, thanks for the heads up. My local hardware store has a lot of 10.7 so I'll probably go with that in an Allen key and awkward size at that too. And I figured I've been researching more, especially south Florida looks like they're stolen a lot. Might be worth it and bite the bullet and get comprehensive insurance and wiring a fuel cut off is pretty easy, I'm thinking of putting the switch in hidden compartment or behind drivers seat through the trunk.

Just make sure to put the switch somewhere it's convienent so you'll use it all the time. To access the secret compartment is a two step process (open the lower compartment, then the secret compartment) and may not be something you want to do every time you stop.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Instead of worrying about messing with the Fuel system wiring why not just install a "keyed" battery switch in a remote location?

Quick Reply: Fuel Cut Off Switch (tried search)