S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

front/rear sway bar got switched? Help me!

Old 08-06-2004, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front/rear sway bar got switched? Help me!

I just got the neuspeed front and rear sway bar installed on Friday last week. But today I just checked the neuspeed website and to my astonishment the picture of the front sway bar that they had on their website is the bar that's on the rear of my car!!!! I immediately checked the picture of the rear sway bar on the neuspeed website and that bar is on the front of my car??!!! I ran to the car in the garage and quadruple checked and yes they are switched!!!!
Will someone here with the neuspeed sway bars please show me pics of their sway bar or clarify whether my shop screwed up or the neuspeed website screwed up.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have a Neuspeed bar, but the front bar should be MUCH larger in diameter than the rear bar. If that's not the case, then yes, your bars are switched. However, I can't imagine how a rear bar would even fit in the front and vice versa.

What, specifically, makes you think that they are switched?
Old 08-06-2004, 02:47 AM

I'm also suprised that the bars fit in their current positions.................according to pictures on the neuspeed.com website my bars are switched..........
Old 08-06-2004, 03:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bunjimobile,Aug 6 2004, 05:47 AM
according to pictures on the neuspeed.com website my bars are switched..........
O.K., but what, specifically, about the picture on the Neuspeed website makes you think they are switched? Please mention if the bar mounted in the front of your car is smaller in diameter than the one mounted in the rear.

If you won't provide details, we can't help you out.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest that the pictures on the Neuspeed website are most likely switched. The pictures are of the bars by themselves. If they showed them installed on the car, then you could easily determine if the pictures (or your bars) are in the wrong place. I bet the web page designer made a little mistake.

I'm with CoralDoc, I doubt the front would fit on the rear and vice versa.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:21 AM

The front and rear stabilizer bars are not interchangeable. Positive.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bunjimobile,Aug 6 2004, 02:18 AM
I just got the neuspeed front and rear sway bar installed on Friday last week. But today I just checked the neuspeed website and to my astonishment the picture of the front sway bar that they had on their website is the bar that's on the rear of my car!!!! I immediately checked the picture of the rear sway bar on the neuspeed website and that bar is on the front of my car??!!! I ran to the car in the garage and quadruple checked and yes they are switched!!!!
Will someone here with the neuspeed sway bars please show me pics of their sway bar or clarify whether my shop screwed up or the neuspeed website screwed up.
How does it ride?
Old 08-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 316 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by alexf20c,Aug 6 2004, 11:21 AM
The front and rear stabilizer bars are not interchangeable. Positive.
I can't imagine what it would take to switch them. Don't worry dude, it's gotta be the pictures that are switched.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:16 PM
J.T

I'm gonna go with everyone else here and say that the bars could not be "switched". I installed my Cuscos and they were both shaped completely different. I don't see how they could've got them on if they were on the wrong side.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:52 PM

well the front and rear sway bar are differently shaped from each other.

According to the pictures from the neuspeed website the rear sway bar is totally straight in the middle where as the front sway bar has bends in the middle.

On my car the sway bar with the middle bends are in the rear and the sway bar with the straight middle is on the front!!!

I received a e-mail from neuspeed today and they assured me that their website pictures are correct and the sway bars can actually be installed even though they are switched.

I'm gonna approach the shop that did the installation tomorrow and get them to do a reinstallation.

Quick Reply: front/rear sway bar got switched? Help me!